Andrea Bocelli tells a story about abortion
http://www.nrlc.org/NewsToday/Bocelli.html

Andrea Bocelli Tells a True Story About Abortion

[Image: Andrea-Bocelli-5.jpg]

By Dave Andrusko

When the topic is abortion, there's too often a lot of grim stuff to write about. But not this time. This is beautiful, poignant news.

A friend forwarded a You Tube entry that had been sent along to her. It is misleadingly labeled "Andrea Bocelli Tells a 'Fairy Tale' about Abortion." In fact it is a true story--Andrea Bocelli's own story.

My guess is that most of our readers are familiar with Bocelli, whose beautiful tenor voice is a gift from God. According to published accounts, he'd always had problems with his sight and eventually was diagnosed with congenital glaucoma. He lost his vision completely at age 12 following a blow to the head during a soccer game.

The video, which Bocelli filmed for a pro-life organization, begins with the 51-year-old Bocelli at the piano. He is speaking in Italian, with English subtitles. Thanks to my assistant, Regina Huber, for transcribing his comments.

So, for this occasion I want to tell you a little story. This is how the story goes: A young pregnant wife has been hospitalized for a simple attack of appendicitis. The doctors had to apply some ice on her stomach and when the treatments ended the doctors suggested that she abort the child. They told her it was the best solution because the baby would be born with some disability. But the young brave wife decided not to abort, and the child was born.

That woman was my mother, and I was the child. Maybe I'm partisan but I can say that it was the right choice.

And I hope this could encourage many mothers that sometime find themselves in difficult situations in those moments when life is complicated but want to save the life of their baby. ….

A lovely word of encouragement. For you, for me, and especially, perhaps, for a young woman at a very difficult time in her life.

You can watch the video at

Andrea Bocelli singing the Ave Maria!
Bravo, caro mio.
tim
Mangiatori di pesce perche non di niente qui ?  :o
tim
(06-08-2010, 11:31 AM)timoose Wrote: Mangiatori di pesce perche non di niente qui ?   :o
tim

Something about eating fish...
(06-08-2010, 12:09 PM)Servus_Maria Wrote:
(06-08-2010, 11:31 AM)timoose Wrote: Mangiatori di pesce perche non di niente qui ?   :o
tim

Something about eating fish...

i could tell you… but then i'd have to kill you.  :laughing:
I was being a yahoo, being funny cause nobody added a comment ." Fisheaters why aren't you here".
tim

Andrea Bocelli's video needs to be in wide distribution, on tv, etc.  

He may lose some fans but he'll gain an equal number, I believe.   Send it to your friends.  I have to wonder if my friend Andrea Bocacelli in Firenze has seen it.  First time i heard of Andrea Bocelli, I thought the person said "Andrea Bocacelli," which was very strange as I didn't think Andrea was a singer.  :laughing: