Fr. John Corapi
Btw, when you read the ecclesiastical history of the USA, and you're reading what these liberal Irish-American Bishops are saying, you tend to blink and say, "wow, this guy could be alive today, making the same statements about getting in tune with the modern age...etc..."

Unfortunately, the Traditionalists, the Germans and the Italians were hamstrung by the language barrier and the fact that the bog Irish Bishops controlled everything, as they do in England....

Btw, when you read the ecclesiastical history of the USA, and you're reading what these liberal Irish-American Bishops are saying, you tend to blink and say, "wow, this guy could be alive today, making the same statements about getting in tune with the modern age...etc..."

Unfortunately, the Traditionalists, the Germans and the Italians were hamstrung by the language barrier and the fact that the bog Irish Bishops controlled everything, as they do in England....

And if you want to know why Father Corapi is an Americanist, you need look no further than his statement that a Catholic who doesn't vote commits a mortal sin.  Of course, that's absurd, and even if it were true, you'd have a hard time selling me on who I should be voting for.  Should I vote for Republicans in the interest of overturning Roe V. Wade, which they wouldn't do anyway, even if they had the power, since they frequently make evil appointments of court justices.  It just goes to show the injustice and inherent weakness of Democracy that wont' defend the weakest amongst us from a Doctor's knife.
(06-08-2010, 12:57 PM)Augstine Baker Wrote: It just goes to show the injustice and inherent weakness of Democracy that wont' defend the weakest amongst us from a Doctor's knife.

The US is not a Democracy; it's a constitutional Republic, regardless of what spin the left puts on it.
(06-08-2010, 02:07 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote:
(06-08-2010, 12:57 PM)Augstine Baker Wrote: It just goes to show the injustice and inherent weakness of Democracy that wont' defend the weakest amongst us from a Doctor's knife.

The US is not a Democracy; it's a constitutional Republic, regardless of what spin the left puts on it.

Agreed, but it's not much of a consolation for an legitimist like myself.  Republicans might be red, white and blue, but they're always red.
Father Corapi is a Novus Ordo priest, maybe exclusively I do not know. BUT he is one powerful voice in the US and in other parts of the world. He has done much to bring souls to a greater knowledge and love for Christ and His Church.  He is orthodox, but perhaps you might not say he was traditional. 

As to 'Americanism'...that was the rearing of the ugly head of modernism in the late 19th century.  Pope Leo XIII addressed it in an encyclical and I hope this is the one: http://www.papalencyclicals.net/Leo13/l13teste.htm 
CONCERNING NEW OPINIONS, VIRTUE, NATURE AND GRACE, WITH REGARD TO AMERICANISM
Testem Benevolentiae Nostrae                      Encyclical of Pope Leo XIII promulgated on January 22, 1899.

Later of course, St. Pius X also had to strongly address the growing influence of modernism and he did it well and pushed it more or less underground for another 50 or so years until Vatican II and its aftermath crushed many of the defenses he put in place.  It had festered all those years.