Can anyone recommend good CATHOLIC philosophy audio series?
Hello!

I just joined Fisheaters.forum and was wondering if any of you knowledgable men/ladies might have any good reccommendations regarding good, orthodox, CATHOLIC philosophy courses/lectures on cd? I came across a website sponsored by the St. Benedict Center (St. Augustine Institute for Catholic Studies) offering a complete philosophy series by Br. Andre. Does anyone know if these are any good? They are quite pricey!!! I am a recent convert but acquired my degree in philosophy from Arizona State University before becoming Catholic. I am looking to deepen my understanding of philosophy from a thouroughly Catholic perspective and am looking for people who could guide me to good, orthodox, and detailed sources. This might be too much to ask, but would you consider copying these audio series and sending them to me. I would pay for all materials and your time of course. Thought I would ask.
I believe the philosophy series on that site by Br. Francis (rip). It is probably one of the best series out there in approaching philosophy from a Catholic perspective. Another option, if you can find them, are the books written by Fr. Paul Glenn. They can be difficult to find, but well worth the effort if you can track them down.
The philosophy series by Brother Andre is indeed costly.  I only bought the set in logic and found it complete and interesting.  I was tempted to order other courses but  I never had the extra funds.
(06-08-2010, 07:37 PM)JER7177 Wrote: Hello!

I just joined Fisheaters.forum and was wondering if any of you knowledgable men/ladies might have any good reccommendations regarding good, orthodox, CATHOLIC philosophy courses/lectures on cd? I came across a website sponsored by the St. Benedict Center (St. Augustine Institute for Catholic Studies) offering a complete philosophy series by Br. Andre. Does anyone know if these are any good? They are quite pricey!!! I am a recent convert but acquired my degree in philosophy from Arizona State University before becoming Catholic. I am looking to deepen my understanding of philosophy from a thouroughly Catholic perspective and am looking for people who could guide me to good, orthodox, and detailed sources. This might be too much to ask, but would you consider copying these audio series and sending them to me. I would pay for all materials and your time of course. Thought I would ask.
Here's an excellent one on St. Thomas Aquinas narrated by Charlton Heston.
Aquinas READ by HESTON?

Be still my heart...
(08-29-2011, 03:02 PM)CollegeCatholic Wrote: Aquinas READ by HESTON?

Be still my heart...
Yes, you can buy all 2 hours of it here: http://www.blackstoneaudio.com/audiobook.cfm?id=3813
Peter Kreeft has this little lecture series involving St. Thomas Aquinas. http://www.peterkreeft.com/audio.htm There are other lectures that Kreeft gives too that are free
(08-29-2011, 09:18 PM)Geremia Wrote:
(08-29-2011, 03:02 PM)CollegeCatholic Wrote: Aquinas READ by HESTON?

Be still my heart...
Yes, you can buy all 2 hours of it here: http://www.blackstoneaudio.com/audiobook.cfm?id=3813

I have that recording...it is wonderful. The only downside is the other actors - I find them a bit annoying. Charlton Heston did an audio book on Aristotle for Blackstone Audio and the actor who does Aristotle has the most irritating tone of voice I have come across!