Bullying at work
Let me get this straight: someone has physically assaulted you and your husband has not done anything? Uh, . . .      .
(06-11-2010, 10:56 PM)Heinrich Wrote: Let me get this straight: someone has physically assaulted you and your husband has not done anything? Uh, . . .      .

Her husband has legal issues.  Give him a break.  This creep isn't worth going to jail.
He didn't hit me hard in the face, it was a tap.  It was meant to perturb me, get a rise out of me, threaten me, but he didn't hurt me.  I'm not saying that makes it okay, but no, it's not worth going to jail over, and if my husband goes to jail, we lose the majority of our income and would have many, many problems.
I'm reading more about this and it doesn't look good.  I work on a construction project, specifically an oil-refinery expansion project.  From what I'm reading, threats of severe bodily harm and/or death are considered acts of terrorism if they occur at an oil refinery.

This scares me.  I honestly fear retaliation.  He knows how to find me.
(06-11-2010, 09:53 PM)ResiduumRevertetur Wrote: Isn't it terrible that our consciences nag us till we're sick over someone who couldn't care less what they do to us?

Unfortunately, I don't have that problem.  I have the opposite problem - I would have been waiting outside of work and bushwhacked him, which is obviously the wrong thing to do.

(06-11-2010, 11:52 PM)miss_fluffy Wrote: I'm reading more about this and it doesn't look good.  I work on a construction project, specifically an oil-refinery expansion project.  From what I'm reading, threats of severe bodily harm and/or death are considered acts of terrorism if they occur at an oil refinery.

If common sense still prevails in this world, it won't come to that.  They will terminate him and that's it.

Stop reading this stuff.  You're going to get yourself in a tizzy.  If dumb-ass tries to contact you, which is more likely than him trying to assault you, call the cops.  In reality you probably won't hear from him again.

You didn't do anything wrong - don't be convincing yourself that you did.
First off you did the right thing.

In addition you may want get some weapons for self defense. I sense(may be wrong) you are the type
of person who couldn't bring themselves to pull a trigger on another human being unless
your(if you have any) kids were under attack, so I would suggest getting a tazer or some bear mace(check if legal in your state). The latter
is probably better for you since all you have to do is spray it at the perps face and run away, with the tazer
their is a fair chance it could be man handled away from you unless its one of those tazer-guns.
(06-12-2010, 01:10 AM)QuisUtDeus Wrote:
(06-11-2010, 09:53 PM)ResiduumRevertetur Wrote: Isn't it terrible that our consciences nag us till we're sick over someone who couldn't care less what they do to us?

Unfortunately, I don't have that problem.  I have the opposite problem - I would have been waiting outside of work and bushwhacked him, which is obviously the wrong thing to do.

If some man hit my wife, I'd have a 'free market' solution ready for the problem without involving the police (unless it escalated).  I cant imagine men doing anything different up until very recent times.  In fact I dare say in the past, him doing something like that to another man's wife would get him killed.
Don't go and get all old school, now. I mean, integrity, who needs it?
(06-12-2010, 11:45 AM)Heinrich Wrote: Don't go and get all old school, now. I mean, integrity, who needs it?

Clearly not men who bully and slap women in the workplace. 

Funny how these "oldskool" guys become "newskool" when it comes to old-fashioned consequences for mistreating women.