Pope warns world's priests against "heresy".....
(06-16-2010, 06:23 PM)cunctas_haereses Wrote: Let us not forget theat he was one of the primary bricklayers of those crumbling walls. He's got a long ways to go to undue all the damage he created. I hope he can.

a great many masons (and some Masons) built those walls; Fr. Ratzinger was not solely responsible and also could not foresee the abuses that would result. 

he's the best pope since Pius XII.  he's trying to turn the Barque of Peter around as quickly as possible yet slowly enough to keep a large portion of the passengers from jumping ship.  some will jump ship no matter how slowly he turns the Barque and some are yelling "Full steam ahead!" but if he gets it right, he can keep the others on board,
the more middle-of-the-road Catholics, and bring them along in understanding why the Barque is turning again.

Pray for Pope Benedict XVI.

(06-16-2010, 10:45 PM)i.p.i. Wrote: a great many masons (and some Masons) built those walls; Fr. Ratzinger was not solely responsible and also could not foresee the abuses that would result. 

he's the best pope since Pius XII.  he's trying to turn the Barque of Peter around as quickly as possible yet slowly enough to keep a large portion of the passengers from jumping ship.  some will jump ship no matter how slowly he turns the Barque and some are yelling "Full steam ahead!" but if he gets it right, he can keep the others on board,
the more middle-of-the-road Catholics, and bring them along in understanding why the Barque is turning again.

Pray for Pope Benedict XVI.

That's a great analogy.  But if he ever decides to do some kind of power skid 180 stunt turn, I'm ok with that too.  :laughing: