Hyundai ad mocks Blessed Sacrament
The Blessed Sacrament shouldn't be subjected to such vulgar "fun making".
(06-13-2010, 04:40 PM)Walty Wrote: The craziness of soccer fans is what is being mocked here.  The hyperbole of the message is within replacing traditional Catholicism with soccer.  In my opinion, it actually presupposes not only Catholicism as respectable, sacred, and true religion, but also gives a nod to traditional Catholicism as at least a serious and justified "version" of Catholicism.

I agree.  This commercial is mocking soccer fanatics, not Catholics.  I don't think Hyundai is being blasphemous at all.
The comical, vulgar and flippant comparisons between the Blessed Sacrament and degenerate sports fans would not go well at an old-school chancery.

Definitely crosses the line.  I hope Hyundai goes out of business.
(06-13-2010, 06:17 PM)Augstine Baker Wrote: The comical, vulgar and flippant comparisons between the Blessed Sacrament and degenerate sports fans would not go well at an old-school chancery.

Definitely crosses the line.  I hope Hyundai goes out of business.

I'm not saying it was tasteful, but it wasn't an attack on Catholicism.
I am from New Zealand, home of the All Whites. In our country, soccer is blaspheme LOL.
I thought it was funny.

...and I agree with Walty.
(06-13-2010, 04:40 PM)Walty Wrote: The craziness of soccer fans is what is being mocked here.  The hyperbole of the message is within replacing traditional Catholicism with soccer.  In my opinion, it actually presupposes not only Catholicism as respectable, sacred, and true religion, but also gives a nod to traditional Catholicism as at least a serious and justified "version" of Catholicism.

This was pretty much my assessment as well...I thought the thing was making fun of soccer fans as well and using the visuals of something they (the fans) know is sacred to juxtapose the absurdity of their football zealotry...

Well done comercial.
LOL...I didn't even see UD had posted...go figure...she's a damn genius...and so is Walty.
(06-13-2010, 10:17 PM)Scipio_a Wrote: LOL...I didn't even see UD had posted...go figure...she's a damn genius...and so is Walty.

I'll sip to that.
I wrote them my objections.  And I, too, hope they go bankrupt.  They are apparently already spiritually bankrupt.