Blues Brothers semi-officially a Catholic classic
(06-17-2010, 06:03 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote:
(06-17-2010, 05:01 PM)Bonifacius Wrote: I love that movie, love the Catholic element.  Not enough to merit mention by the Vatican's semi-official, semi-retarded newspaper"men," but oh well. 

I'm on the same page as you.

Third.  Now, three Orange Whips?

One of my all-time favorite movies.

"Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don't fail me now."  (the drawbridge jump, remember?)

Mrs. Murphy: We got two honkies out there dressed like Hasidic diamond merchants.
Matt Murphy: Say what?
Mrs. Murphy: They look like they're from the CIA, or somethin'.
Matt Murphy: What they want to eat?
Mrs. Murphy: The tall one wants white bread, toasted, dry, with nothin' on it.
Matt Murphy: Elwood.
Mrs. Murphy: And the other one wants four whole fried chickens and a Coke.
Matt Murphy: And Jake. Shit, the Blues Brothers!

It was a small Coke that Jake ordered with his four fried chickens, which always cracked me up.

We saw Matt "Guitar" Murphy play in a little club and he's a great guitarist.  We were sitting right in front of the band, on what was basically a wooden shelf, which was the only seating left when all the tables were taken.  It was great, though, as we were young and not bothered by uncomfortable seats than.  We could see really well, also shook his hand and talked to him a bit after the show.  His hands are huge, pretty amazing he played a regular sized guitar instead of getting a custom-made one. 

For your listening pleasure the man who made the tune famous, the one and only Frankie Lane;

tim ( feeling a lot like Jingles today...wait for me Wild Bill ! )
(06-18-2010, 12:20 PM)timoose Wrote: For your listening pleasure the man who made the tune famous, the one and only Frankie Lane;

tim ( feeling a lot like Jingles today...wait for me Wild Bill ! )

"Plunk yer magic twanger, Froggy."