Do you feel miracles happen less now?
I think Christ works miracles better in a state of simplicity, where the mind is uncluttered by the propaganda of science. We are not the conduits we once were for this magical energy we once had when things were simple.

Do you think miracles have lessened in frequency? Do agree with my theory or have another one?

I think there are less individual "signs" today because we have the Church as a permanent sign and the holy Spirit to guide us. I believe there were more miracles in biblical times when God was still in the process of revealing Himself to a primitive people.

Moreoever, the people of Our Lord's era were of a "faithless age" who "demanded signs." But I don't think it's wrong to think that when the Creator of the universe set foot on the earth, miraculous things were bound to happen.

Today, miracles on a small scope occur all the time, but we often don't notice them precisely because our lives are cluttered with science, images and noise.
(06-24-2010, 11:03 AM)mistman Wrote: I think Christ works miracles better in a state of simplicity, where the mind is uncluttered by the propaganda of science. We are not the conduits we once were for this magical energy we once had when things were simple.

Do you think miracles have lessened in frequency? Do agree with my theory or have another one?

Approved and investigate miracles? No. I think there are more now.
Miracles must be wonderful to witness, but as it concerns their role in salvation, they are superfluous in the presence of true faith!
(06-24-2010, 07:55 PM)INPEFESS Wrote: Miracles must be wonderful to witness, but as it concerns their role in salvation, they are superfluous in the presence of true faith!

I have seen people witness a deaf person completely cured after prayer (theirs), and abandon the faith in less than a decade after.

Faith is chosen; proof does not matter.
(06-24-2010, 08:28 PM)Herr_Mannelig Wrote:
(06-24-2010, 07:55 PM)INPEFESS Wrote: Miracles must be wonderful to witness, but as it concerns their role in salvation, they are superfluous in the presence of true faith!

I have seen people witness a deaf person completely cured after prayer (theirs), and abandon the faith in less than a decade after.

Faith is chosen; proof does not matter.

How true.

You've actually seen such explicit non-belief after a miracle of that sort? Incredible.
(06-24-2010, 08:36 PM)INPEFESS Wrote: You've actually seen such explicit non-belief after a miracle of that sort? Incredible.

I'm sure there were catholics who lapsed after watching the sun dance in the sky at Fatima.

The flesh is weak.
(06-24-2010, 08:49 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote:
(06-24-2010, 08:36 PM)INPEFESS Wrote: You've actually seen such explicit non-belief after a miracle of that sort? Incredible.

I'm sure there were catholics who lapsed after watching the sun dance in the sky at Fatima.

The flesh is weak.

I'm sure. Though to actually experience such a thing would be more than frustrating.
(06-24-2010, 11:03 AM)mistman Wrote: I think Christ works miracles better in a state of simplicity, where the mind is uncluttered by the propaganda of science. We are not the conduits we once were for this magical energy we once had when things were simple.

Well, the Living Rosary's magazine, Dedicated Decades, always publishes letters from members in the USA and across the globe, telling about miracles they've had from the devout use of the St. Philomena holy oil, Miraculous Medals, and the intercession of St. Philomena in general. They range from protection in times of danger (such as those in war-torn parts of Africa with MM's), to cures and conversions. I am sure other groups receive similar testimonies.
No amount of miracles can keep us loyal to the Lord - we have to choose that loyalty, that faith. That's what critics don't get; God doesn't show up here and perform miracles and so on for us to win our faith because He knows how ineffective that will be (as well as offensive to His dignity).

I can't say if miracles happen less now; I'm not the Church so I can't speak on them at all. I wouldn't be surprised if they did happen less, given our faithless age - but given our faithless age I wouldn't be surprised if there were as many or more miracles because God knows that, even if most humans can't be held in check with signs and wonders, some people nevertheless can be. Too many scenarios to conjure up.