Poll: What helps you to sleep?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

How do you get a good night's sleep?
(06-29-2010, 08:33 AM)Magnificat Wrote: If I don't get a good night's sleep soon, I'ma cry.   People (and creatures) keep waking me up, though.   You know it's bad when you see a guy sleeping on a bench in the park and you're jealous.
I've been that guy... not the best night's sleep, but not bad (then again I was kind of cold, but also really tired).
(06-29-2010, 02:17 PM)Tulkas Wrote: Have 7 kids, homeschool them, get them a bigger house built, and work a full time job.  What little time you do have to sleep, you fall asleep real fast.  when I finally get to bed late at night, I fall asleep within minutes.  I am just sleep deprived though.

It is real bad for me, like I am narcoleptic.  I just sit down at meetings and without coffee, I nod off within minutes.

Like right now, I am sitting down .... zzzzzzzzzz.
I've been there (the sleep depravation, not the kids and house, and, and...)... now that I have downtime I'm re-laerning how to sleep like a normal person...
(06-30-2010, 04:53 PM)CanadianCatholic Wrote:
(06-30-2010, 04:47 PM)freagan Wrote:
(06-29-2010, 10:12 PM)Herr_Mannelig Wrote: I lie down, and sleep.

A healthy body can perform its natural functions without problem.
You have to be the most ignorant, stubborn, and narcissistic person I have ever known.  You always think so highly of yourself and always think you're right.  Some people have trouble sleeping, okay?  That doesn't mean that they are not healthy or their body cannot function properly. 
You just have to get used to him, he doesnt mean it that way. Herr's a pretty cool guy
I almost gave him crap for that comment too... glad someone excusable beat me to it.

I agree he's a cool guy, I just believe in returning the favor when people make comments like that...
I generally agree with Herr on this issue.

The only times that I have problems sleeping are when I've made some bad food/beverage choices like drinking a pot of cheap coffee at 10:00 PM, or when my brain is stuck on a project or idea and won't turn off. For the coffee, I just deal with my own bad judgment. For the racing-brain issue, I usually just turn to the local NPR station and drop the volume down so low that I can hear it without rousing Mrs. WRC and focus on that with my eyes closed. Usually I don't make it to the 20 minute mark on the radio's SLEEP function.

Of course, the volume is then too low to wake me back up in the AM, but the morrow has enough solicitiousness for itself.

I could be wrong about this, but when I see statements like this, it seems to imply that the speaker believes people who don't have healthy bodies are somehow at fault for their condition.  That they suffer from ill-health or lack of sleep due to their own actions, or sins.

It's great that you have wonderful health and never have problems falling asleep, but many people are not blessed in this way.  As far as health goes, I'd venture to say that the vast majority of people have less than optimal health.  And those who do have optimal health find that it's fleeting.
(06-30-2010, 07:57 PM)miss_fluffy Wrote:

I could be wrong about this, but when I see statements like this, it seems to imply that the speaker believes people who don't have healthy bodies are somehow at fault for their condition.  That they suffer from ill-health or lack of sleep due to their own actions, or sins.

It's great that you have wonderful health and never have problems falling asleep, but many people are not blessed in this way.  As far as health goes, I'd venture to say that the vast majority of people have less than optimal health.  And those who do have optimal health find that it's fleeting.

He never implies guilt.  You do.
(06-30-2010, 09:45 PM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote:
(06-30-2010, 07:57 PM)miss_fluffy Wrote:

He never implies guilt.  You do.
Well then.. It seems you are correct WRC.
Um intimate realations ;)
(06-30-2010, 04:53 PM)CanadianCatholic Wrote:
(06-30-2010, 04:47 PM)freagan Wrote:

You have to be the most ignorant, stubborn, and narcissistic person I have ever known.  You always think so highly of yourself and always think you're right.  Some people have trouble sleeping, okay?  That doesn't mean that they are not healthy or their body cannot function properly. 
You just have to get used to him, he doesnt mean it that way. Herr's a pretty cool guy

Agreed. Thank you, CanadianCatholic.

Freagen, please try to give him the benefit of doubt; he doesn't usually mean it the way that it sounds.
Here it is... 2:15AM again and I'm still up!  What should I do?  Hot bath or shower?  Reading?  A full meal or midnight snack?

a midnight snack?

:idea:  That's it!
It's 1:15 am, and I'm doing some laundry, checking e-mail, and browsing FE - this is obviously NOT the way to get a good night's sleep.  Obviously, driving all day didn't tire me out enough. 
...2:20 and I'm working out again.

...3:00 AM snack comes after the workout.