Poll: What helps you to sleep?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

How do you get a good night's sleep?
(07-01-2010, 08:29 PM)miss_fluffy Wrote:
(07-01-2010, 08:15 PM)Herr_Mannelig Wrote:
(07-01-2010, 11:24 AM)miss_fluffy Wrote:
(07-01-2010, 10:20 AM)Herr_Mannelig Wrote:
(06-30-2010, 07:57 PM)miss_fluffy Wrote: It's great that you have wonderful health and never have problems falling asleep, but many people are not blessed in this way. 
I used to have horrible health and a very hard time sleeping at all. It almost killed me.
This statement is much more in line with the discussion at hand. What did you do to overcome the difficulties you used to have with sleeping?

It was part of a much larger problem and would not really make sense to explain. Basically, there was a severe neurological problem which adversely affected my entire body and mind which had a simple, yet, rarely addressed cause. I found the cause (by accident) and fixed it.
I'm really curious.. if you have time would you care to attempt an explanation?

I'll PM you later with an explanation.
(07-01-2010, 08:15 PM)Herr_Mannelig Wrote: Basically, there was a severe neurological problem which adversely affected my entire body and mind which had a simple, yet, rarely addressed cause.

Post-micturition convulsion syndrome? :P
It's now 12:15AM and I'm off to bed!  Tonight I'm gonna sleep because I didn't get in my afternoon nap.

:idea:  That's it!!  DON'T take an afternoon nap!
Thus far, 8 people have voted other but have not specified what this "other" is.  You people should be ashamed of yourselves.  No good traddie Catholic should be doing that.  Shame.  :shame:
Wait. I can see it now.

Another sleepless night at stately Bombay Manor. Bombaby thumbs drowsily through Fr. Cekada's new book on the liturgy (only $24.95!) while listening to Toad the Wet Sprocket on the Hi Fi. Desperate, he tears open another box of Ho Hos and proceeds to eat himself into a snack cake induced coma...

Let's hope Fr. Cekada doesn't come by and pull the plug. :rofl:
Hey Bomb Bay, I'm thinking the "other" voters are The Sleepless.  It's the only appropriate option. 
(07-02-2010, 12:48 AM)DrBombay Wrote: Thus far, 8 people have voted other but have not specified what this "other" is.  You people should be ashamed of yourselves.  No good traddie Catholic should be doing that.  Shame.   :shame:
Maybe they saw what happened to me for giving the reason.
(07-02-2010, 12:48 AM)DrBombay Wrote: Thus far, 8 people have voted other but have not specified what this "other" is.  You people should be ashamed of yourselves.  No good traddie Catholic should be doing that.  Shame.   :shame:
Whats is "other"?
(07-02-2010, 11:43 AM)CanadianCatholic Wrote:
Whats is "other"?

:tiphat:
I'm so sorry you suffer from insomnia. That can be a real cross, I know. One of my kids has sleep issues (related to bipolar disorder), so it's a really important for her to get a good night's sleep in order to manage her condition. I give her Bevitamel Sublingual. It's stronger than the melatonin they sell in health food stores--which doesn't work for her.

http://westlake-labs.com/products/bevitamel-sublingual
"Not only are we all in the same boat, but we are all seasick.” --G.K. Chesterton