Poll: What helps you to sleep?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

How do you get a good night's sleep?
I try to go to sleep at the same time every night and wake up at the same time in the morning in order to establish a good sleeping pattern. I also try to exercise on a regular basis and eat healthy. It seems to help. If I eat something that is a lot of calories and fatty and spicy, I don't sleep as well. Also drinking alcohol can keep me from getting a good nights sleep.
(07-02-2010, 01:51 PM)DrBombay Wrote:
(07-02-2010, 11:43 AM)CanadianCatholic Wrote:
(07-02-2010, 12:48 AM)DrBombay Wrote: Thus far, 8 people have voted other but have not specified what this "other" is.  You people should be ashamed of yourselves.  No good traddie Catholic should be doing that.  Shame.   :shame:
Whats is "other"?

:tiphat:
:laughing: :laughing: Man I loved Seinfeld
I set the alarm clock, turn out the light and lay down. Usually out in minutes.

I have a fan blow at low speed - I like to feel cool and the white noise really helps. It will drown those annoying little sounds, like the shower dripping or the ice maker dropping a load of cubes.

As I get older I find that a regular schedule is the best thing. Even on days off I get up roughly the same time as usual and go to bed about the same. It's very seldom that I am more than an hour off, even at the end of vacation.

Pray the Rosary.  I say the Apostles Creed, lay down, and I honestly cannot remember getting past that.  :-\  I think my Guardian Angel fills in...  :) 
My sleeping patterns get really screwd up over the school break. I usually just stay up till 3am reading or watching TV until  I can't keep my eyes open anymore. The problem then is of course that you sleep till midday and you're faced with the same problem tomorrow. I've had to stay awake for 24 hours at a time so I can fall back into a regular sleeping pattern before uni starts again.
Avoid caffeine.  Start on a schedule and stick with it.  Don't "catch up" on the weekends.  Turn down the temperature at night.

Melatonin works well for me when I can't sleep.
(07-24-2010, 09:20 PM)James02 Wrote: Avoid caffeine.  Start on a schedule and stick with it.  Don't "catch up" on the weekends.  Turn down the temperature at night.

Melatonin works well for me when I can't sleep.

U go to a tanning bed?  Weird.  :pazzo:
my choice
Herbs and dietary supplements (e.g. melatonin, 5-HTP, valerian, kava-kava)
Non-alcoholic beverage (e.g. milk, hot cocoa, herbal teas)
Television, music, or light reading
Hot bath or shower

Jesus Prayer FTW!

Of course after a few Immaculate Heart of Mary...'s.
A hard day's work.