Serious gripes and warnings about scenes in England
Yeah-their behaviour is suspicious, the literature is going even farther than Coredemptrix which has been forgotten about since Vatican II.It's plunging into irreverent rationalisations of if that title were universally accepted (which it never ever has been-save in these heretics' minds) I think I should give you space now to investigate. Those books mailed from America were so bad they virtually destroyed my friendship with people in a sodality. So bad that I dug a hole and put all of them in the ground! I feel bad and hear the alarms whenever the subject is broached...I think it might be more than suspicious...I think it is satanically inspired.See what happens yourselves, should you start to get to its core.
(07-01-2010, 12:23 PM)Apollonius Wrote: Yes- I would refer you to the constitution of the Friars of the Immaculate. You may find as I did that it is soaked with an exaggerated view of Mary's role in Redemption. From The States these friars mail heavy duty luxuriously made literature, that is all about one and the same thing...a type of metamorphosed Catholicism that honours Mary excessively and in the place of Christ. At our pilgrimages, they handed out leaflets inviting people to take part in conferences about this view of Mary and the tone of both the conferences and the documents were as if ratification of this had already occurred. When I wrote protesting to the abbey where the conference had taken place, I was given an entirely false address allegedly to deal with enquiries. Can I also say that the Friars of the Immaculate in Peckham England even sent another garish tome and a letter that persisted with their false notion that Catholics already believe in this !? It's almost schizoid behaviour on their part. You cannot transport the Mother of God into fantasy theology-yet these people do and will at virtually every minute of the day.Lies about Christ's mother are the height of sinful evil...these people seem to delight in them and they dishonour also the very faith from which they emerge.In fact this is a final insult both to anyone who wishes for her prayers now and at the hour of death and insulting to her divine Son who alone can save us. It's like a lot of other stuff..the product of an insanely theological mind that loses sight of the gospel's priorities. Wake up from this dream world !

The franciscans of the immaculate are probably the most solid, orthodox religious order left in the "mainstream" Church. What exactly are they saying about the Blessed Mother?

One of the best sermons I've heard on the topic was by an SSPX priest who instructed us all to look at the painting of the crucifixion on the church's wall. "Notice" he said "that between Christ and the good thief stands Our Lady. Don't let any protestant or modernist tell you that Mary should not be honoured, for it is through her that God sends his grace just as it was through her that He sent Himself".
Look I've told you in as much detail as I may.I'm a little tired now of trying to reason with you.I'm not the guilty party.I've seen other things on this board that have really raised my temperature...are you people sure that some people on this board are not deliberately taking your sensibilities and sensitivities for a bad ride ? There's a lot of bald inhumanity...blasphemous associations...I'm a bit sorry I even joined.
(07-01-2010, 01:18 PM)Apollonius Wrote: Look I've told you in as much detail as I may.I'm a little tired now of trying to reason with you.I'm not the guilty party.I've seen other things on this board that have really raised my temperature...are you people sure that some people on this board are not deliberately taking your sensibilities and sensitivities for a bad ride ? There's a lot of bald inhumanity...blasphemous associations...I'm a bit sorry I even joined.

I'm sure most of us are too.
Lol
(07-01-2010, 01:18 PM)Apollonius Wrote: There's a lot of bald inhumanity

I understand there are quite a few over-the-counter remedies for that.
What is this thread even about?
If you're going to warn us about bad Franciscans, then I'd like a link as It would be helpful to see their website. Do they have a website?
Oh my Jesus, I surrender myself to you. Take care of everything.--Fr Dolindo Ruotolo

Persevere..Eucharist, Holy Rosary, Brown Scapular, Confession. You will win.
This is the website of the Franciscan Friars of the Immaculate:

http://marymediatrix.com/

Apollonius wrote:
“Yes- I would refer you to the constitution of the Friars of the Immaculate. You may find as I did that it is soaked with an exaggerated view of Mary's role in Redemption.”

The order lives according to the Traccia Mariana, a ‘Marian plan for Franciscan life’. The Traccia (which you can read here: http://www.ewtn.com/library/PRIESTS/TRACMARI.TXT) describes the Friars of the Immaculate as:

“A community of prayer, of poverty, of penance, in the spirit of total consecration to the Immaculate Virgin in the manner of St. Maximilian Mary, so that She may transform us, like St. Francis, into Jesus Crucified, and may let us be consumed in the conquest of all souls for God.“

This statement draws on the words of St Maximillian Kolbe (quoted in the Traccia):

“ One who is consecrated knows that in the Immaculate Virgin and through the Immaculate Virgin one will, in the quickest and easiest possible way, become one with Jesus, one with God.”

The Traccia also states:

“By virtue of our vow of unlimited and total consecration to the Blessed Virgin Mary, it is our mission and duty to give Mary to souls, to cause them to discover and know Her, to make all hearts love Her, using every means in order that She may bring souls to Jesus and transform them into other Christs”

In other words, Mary - the Mediatrix of all graces - brings souls to Jesus - the Redeemer. She does not redeem those souls, strictly speaking, but by means of her petitions and holy example, brings souls to Christ.

Ad Jesum per Mariam. Sounds thoroughly Catholic to me. How precisely does this concept reflect an exaggerated view of Mary‘s role in personal redemption?

Frankly, Appolonius, you sound kinda Protestant. If you have evidence that the Friars are in heresy you should post it, rather than hurl adjectives around willy-nilly
FFI:

“A community of prayer, of poverty, of penance, in the spirit of total consecration to the Immaculate Virgin in the manner of St. Maximilian Mary, so that She may transform us, like St. Francis, into Jesus Crucified, and may let us be consumed in the conquest of all souls for God.“

I think the OP is focusing too much on "total consecration to the Immaculate Virgin" and ignoring "so that She may transform us..into Jesus Crucified, and may let us be consumed in the conquest of all souls for God".