Catholic Social Teaching
What is everyone's opinions on Catholic Social Teaching?
Yours is a rather broad question.
Exactly. I am looking for broad answers, or else I would not be asking this question on a traditional Catholic forum.
Smile
pax_vobis Wrote:Exactly. I am looking for broad answers, or else I would not be asking this question on a traditional Catholic forum.

I still don't get it. Um ... it's good. That's all I got.
(07-04-2010, 07:27 PM)pax_vobis Wrote: What is everyone's opinions on Catholic Social Teaching?

It's a good thing.
I'm in favor of it too.
Exactly how should it be implemented?
Basically since government is in charge of providing for the welfare of its citizens, it is government's job to implement social justice.
(07-04-2010, 09:21 PM)pax_vobis Wrote: Basically since government is in charge of providing for the welfare of its citizens, it is government's job to implement social justice.

It is not Governments job to provide for the welfare of it's citizens...look it up

"We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."

Promote...promote...promote....that mean facilitate your ability....

The US is not a Catholic confessional State...thank God...consider the disaster that would be in light of the disaster of Vpoo.  So you vote in line with Catholic teaching....not what you think it is...but what it actually is....and you get the best you can get...it will never be perfect.

You can only really get it in your home.