The Heliocentric model is a cheat
I have read a scientific book, written by an elite scientist Dr. Yasser Shaban, Ph. D. from University of Illinois, Urbana Champaign.  His book is titled: The Verses of Deus;  The knockdown of the heliocentric model.  The book is full of math, geometry, physics and engineering.   I am really convinced that the heliocentric model was proposed 5 centuries ago by closed minded and lake of knowledge individuals.  His book is different from all Apologetics in a sense that he is the first one to diagnose the heliocentric model from its root. For example he analyzed the aberration of starlight and stellar parallax on a geocentric frame ( fixed Earth).   In that chapter he removed the basic argument of the heliocentric.   One another thing fascinated me when he proved that Galileo cheated in his interpretation of the phases of Venus ( gibbous phase). Dr. Shaban proved that the gibbous phase of Venus should result on a geocentric frame.  It is noted in his book that he is not defending the geocentric models by Ptolemy and Tycho Brahe.  I got more confident that the Genesis of the Bible is absolutely right and the idols of science are cheaters.   I bought this book online: http://www.versesofdeus.com
Elena
(07-05-2010, 06:36 AM)Elena Wrote: I have read a scientific book, written by an elite scientist Dr. Yasser Shaban, Ph. D. from University of Illinois, Urbana Champaign.  His book is titled: The Verses of Deus;  The knockdown of the heliocentric model.  The book is full of math, geometry, physics and engineering.   I am really convinced that the heliocentric model was proposed 5 centuries ago by closed minded and lake of knowledge individuals.  His book is different from all Apologetics in a sence that he is the first one to diagnose the heliocentric model from its root. For example he analyzed the aberration of starlight and stellar parallax on a geocentric frame ( fixed Earth).   In that chapter he removed the basic argument of the heliocentric.   One another thing fascinated me when he proved that Galileo cheated in his interpretation of the phases of Venus ( gibbous phase). Dr. Shaban proved that the gibbous phase of Venus should result on a geocentric frame.  It is noted in his book that he is not defending the geocentric models by Ptolemy and Tycho Brahe.  I got more confident that the Genesis of the Bible is absolutely right and the idols of science are cheaters.   I bought this book online: http://www.versesofdeus.com
Elena

Welcome.

Galileo was wrong in his measurements and theories concerning the movements of the heavenly bodies, that much is known, so disproving them is not really proving anything. Kepler (to whose work Galileo had access) had the correct observations and measurements.

Personally I reckon the earth goes around the sun because the sun is much bigger and gravity would seem to suggest to me that little things spin around bigger ones.  Earth/Moon for example or Man-made satellites around the earth.

However, I don't see what difference this makes to my life one way or another.  I am on this earth, seasons come, seasons go.  I only have 40 years left and I cannot see space travel becoming cheap enough for this ever to matter to me.

My job is to live well and die well.  What difference does the motion of the planets make?  I just think they are magnificant and pretty and I look forwarded to meeting the God that made them.

Let us know when this 'elite' scientist wins a Nobel Prize in Physics.  A Peace Prize will not count.

Having a Ph.D. and teaching at a university does not make one an 'elite' scientist.  And Herr and ggreg are both correct.
(07-06-2010, 05:18 PM)ggreg Wrote: Personally I reckon the earth goes around the sun because the sun is much bigger and gravity would seem to suggest to me that little things spin around bigger ones.  Earth/Moon for example or Man-made satellites around the earth.

That would be true for an isolated system, but that is not what we have. The surrounding galaxy and universe exerts a gravitational pull on the bodies of our solar system.