Is there a verdict on LaSallette?
Do you like this prophecy or reject it? I'm curious.
I'm agnostic about most apparitions, so I'll just link the beautiful Shrine of Our Lady of La Salette: http://www.lasalette-shrine.org. It's quite a nice place, should you ever be in Attleboro, MA.

mistman Wrote:Do you like this prophecy or reject it? I'm curious.

Is the veracity of an apparition based on it's subjective appeal?
This is the only prophecy I can take to the bank as far as making future decisions in life.

Now there was a beautiful woman.  Doris Day.

Can you imagine what the world would look like if we progressed in an organic way from then to now. We have our eyes focused on the Church, but Society is on a parallel course of annihilation. I'm thinking in particular of a German Saloon which was frequented in the 1800's and was part of the riot to allow beer on Sundays for the Germans in Chicago. After 1970 something it changed hands a dozen or so times and made a neat pile of $$$ each time for the predator that bought it, and themed it into something yuppified. Old Johnny Weiss that was the owner when I was a young guy and all of the old guys that sat at the bar with their lederhosen, their wives, and the Marlene Dietrich records are gone, and their is no continuity in Chicago. Next stop Utopia.

In justice God should wipe us out.
tim
The apparition at La Salette has been thoroughly investigated by the Church and deemed worthy of belief.  This does not mean we are bound to believe dogmatically.  The seer's cause for canonization has been proposed.
This is the "Secret of LaSallette"--The Secret was not revealed at the time of the Church investigation and was therefore not included in the approval.  This might be what the OP was asking about. 

According to the seer, this was the secret spoken by Our Lady:

“What I’m to say to you will not always be a secret; you can announce it in 1858. Priests, my Son's ministers, priests, by their evil life, by their irreverences and their impiety in celebrating the holy mysteries, love of money, love of honor and pleasures, priests have become sewers of impurity. Yes, priests call forth vengeance, and vengeance is suspended over their heads. Woe to priests, and to persons consecrated to God, who by their infidelities and their evil life are crucifying my son anew! The sins of persons consecrated to God cry to heaven and call for vengeance, and now here is vengeance at their very doors, for no longer is anyone found to beg mercy and pardon for the people; there are no more generous souls, there is now no one worthy of offering the spotless Victim to the Eternal on the worlds behalf.

"God will strike in an unparalleled manner. Woe to the inhabitants of the earth! God will exhaust His anger, and no one will be able to escape so many evils at once. The heads, the leaders of the people of God, have neglected prayer and penance, and the devil has darkened their minds; they have become those wandering stars which the ancient devil will drag with his tail to destruction. God will permit the ancient serpent to sow divisions among rulers, in all societies and in all families; both physical and moral punishments will be suffered. God will abandon men to themselves and will send chastisements one after the other for over 35 years.

"Society is on the very eve of most terrible scourges and greatest events; one must expect to be governed by a rod of iron and to drink the chalice of God's wrath.

"In the year 1864 Lucifer, together with a great number of devils, will be loosed from hell; little by little they will abolish the faith, and that even in persons consecrated to God; they will so blind them, that without a special grace, these persons will take on the spirit of these evil angels; a number of religious houses will lose the faith entirely and cause many souls to be damned.

"Bad books will abound over the earth, and the spirits of darkness will everywhere spread universal relaxation in everything concerning God's service: they will have very great power over nature; there will be churches to serve these spirits. People will be transported form one place to another by these evil spirits, and even priests, because they will not have lived by the good spirit of the gospel, which is a spirit of humility, charity and zeal for the glory of God.

"There will be extraordinary wonders every place because the true faith has been extinguished and false light illumines the world. Woe to the princes of the church who will be occupied only with piling up riches upon riches, with guarding their authority and lording with pride!

“Because of the abandonment of the Holy Faith in God, each individual would want to guide himself and to be superior to his neighbor. "The Holy Father will suffer greatly. I shall be with him till the end to receive his sacrifice. "The wicked will make a number of attempts on his life without being able to harm him; but neither he nor his successor will see the triumph of God's Church.

"Civil governments will all have the same objective, which will be to abolish and make every religious principle disappear, to make way for materialism, atheism, spiritism and vices of all kinds.

“In the convents the flowers of the Church will putrefy, and the devil will establish himself as king of all hearts. Let those who are at the head of religious communities be on their guard concerning the persons they are to receive, because the devil will use all his malice to introduce into religious orders persons given to sin, for disorders and love of carnal pleasures will be widespread over the whole earth.

“The righteous will suffer greatly; their prayers, their penances and their tears will rise to heaven and all God's people will ask pardon and mercy and will ask my help and intercession. Then Jesus Christ, by an act of His justice and His great mercy toward the righteous, will command His angels to put all His enemies to death.

“At one blow the persecutors of the Church of Jesus Christ and all men given to sin will perish, and the earth will become like a desert. Then there will be peace, the reconciliation of God with men; Jesus Christ will be served, adored and glorified; charity will flourish everywhere. The new kings will be the right arm of Holy Church, which will be strong, humble, pious, poor, zealous and imitative of the virtues of Jesus Christ. The Gospel will be preached everywhere, and men will make great strides in the faith, because there will be unity among Jesus Christ's workers and men will live in the fear of God.

"This peace among men will not last long: 25 years of abundant harvests will make them forget that the sins of men are the cause of all the woes which happen on earth.

"I address a pressing appeal to the earth: I call upon the true disciples of the God living and reigning in the heavens; I call upon the true imitators of Christ made man, the one true Savior of men; I call upon my children, my true devotees, those who have given themselves o me so that I may lead them to my Divine Son, those whom I bear as it were in my arms, those who have lived in my spirit; finally, I call upon the Apostles of the Latter Times, the faithful disciples of Jesus Christ who have lived in contempt of the world and of themselves, in poverty and humility, in contempt and silence, in prayer and mortification, in chastity and in union with God, in suffering, and unknown to the world. It is time for them to emerge and come enlighten the earth. Go, show yourselves to be my dear children; I am with you and in you, provided your faith is the light enlightening you in these evil times. May your zeal make your famished for the glory and honor of Jesus Christ. Do battle, children of light, you, the few who see thereby; for the time of times, the end of ends, is at hand.”
Wow...just wow.  :pray:
Oh, and what happened in 1864 on Earth that can be aligned with the released of Satan?
(07-13-2010, 03:34 PM)3Sanctus Wrote: Oh, and what happened in 1864 on Earth that can be aligned with the released of Satan?

The only major events I can think of: American Civil War, and Lincoln's re-election.  Don't know what else was happening in the world at the time.

(07-13-2010, 04:15 PM)LRThunder Wrote:
(07-13-2010, 03:34 PM)3Sanctus Wrote: Oh, and what happened in 1864 on Earth that can be aligned with the released of Satan?

The only major events I can think of: American Civil War, and Lincoln's re-election.  Don't know what else was happening in the world at the time.

Well, OBVIOUSLY Lincoln was a satanist.  ;D

What was going on in Europe at that point, especially with regards to the Church?

For one thing Garibaldi's Masonic invasion of Latium and Rome organized in 1867...three years of prep for that or some such business?