Is there a verdict on LaSallette?
(07-13-2010, 03:33 PM)3Sanctus Wrote: Wow...just wow.   :pray:

When...just when?
(07-13-2010, 06:58 PM)ggreg Wrote:
(07-13-2010, 03:33 PM)3Sanctus Wrote: Wow...just wow.   :pray:

When...just when?

I wasn't mocking this thread of anything in it (that's what I think you were thinking based on your last post).  This is just some powerful stuff - not that I haven't heard plenty about Our Lady of Fatima to scare me, also.
(07-13-2010, 02:17 PM)TradifiedPapist Wrote: This is the "Secret of LaSallette"--The Secret was not revealed at the time of the Church investigation and was therefore not included in the approval.  This might be what the OP was asking about. 

According to the seer, this was the secret spoken by Our Lady:

“What I’m to say to you will not always be a secret; you can announce it in 1858. Priests, my Son's ministers, priests, by their evil life, by their irreverences and their impiety in celebrating the holy mysteries, love of money, love of honor and pleasures, priests have become sewers of impurity. Yes, priests call forth vengeance, and vengeance is suspended over their heads. Woe to priests, and to persons consecrated to God, who by their infidelities and their evil life are crucifying my son anew! The sins of persons consecrated to God cry to heaven and call for vengeance, and now here is vengeance at their very doors, for no longer is anyone found to beg mercy and pardon for the people; there are no more generous souls, there is now no one worthy of offering the spotless Victim to the Eternal on the worlds behalf...

That text is controversial.  The actual secrets that were written down and archived have been released from the Vatican archives, and you can see the actual handwritten texts of the two secrets.  Each seer had a secret, and the content is different from the above quote.  Here's the link.  In my opinion, the translation is not as close to the French as it should be, but it's close enough.  http://veritas-catholic.blogspot.com/200...crets.html

Thanks for the link to the two original texts of the secret. I believe the longer secret was written down at a later date by Melanie, the seer.  It is not approved, but I believe it is her text.  The prophecies are certainly not far wrong.
We had an interesting discussion about this a while back with some good suggestions made about a better translation of the secrets : http://catholicforum.fisheaters.com/inde...sg33249231

c.
(07-13-2010, 06:26 AM)Credo Wrote: I'm agnostic about most apparitions, so I'll just link the beautiful Shrine of Our Lady of La Salette: http://www.lasalette-shrine.org. It's quite a nice place, should you ever be in Attleboro, MA.

mistman Wrote:Do you like this prophecy or reject it? I'm curious.

Is the veracity of an apparition based on it's subjective appeal?

Visited there several times when I lived in the People's Republic of Massachusetts....quite a large shrine, and attracts pilgrims and retreatants from all over.  November 15, 2003 the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops notified the shrine that it had been granted the new designation of National Shrine, as well.

I have to say that I had a chip on my shoulder against La Salette for bit based on this blurb that appeared on their website back in 2007: "The National Shrine of Our Lady of La Salette strives to integrate the values of ecumenism, concern for peace and justice issues, and the equality of women in all ministries. (emphasis is mine)" (link now changed, but see: http://catholicforum.fisheaters.com/inde...186.0.html).  However, I happily note that this is no longer there, and even better, the Shrine is now copiously quoting from the Baltimore Catechism on its site).  Maybe they are coming back around!  :)

Bravo, DS, good to hear they're coming to their senses!  :)
""In the year 1864 Lucifer, together with a great number of devils, will be loosed from hell; little by little they will abolish the faith, and that even in persons consecrated to God; they will so blind them, that without a special grace, these persons will take on the spirit of these evil angels; a number of religious houses will lose the faith entirely and cause many souls to be damned.

"Bad books will abound over the earth, and the spirits of darkness will everywhere spread universal relaxation in everything concerning God's service: they will have very great power over nature; there will be churches to serve these spirits. People will be transported form one place to another by these evil spirits, and even priests, because they will not have lived by the good spirit of the gospel, which is a spirit of humility, charity and zeal for the glory of God.

"There will be extraordinary wonders every place because the true faith has been extinguished and false light illumines the world. Woe to the princes of the church who will be occupied only with piling up riches upon riches, with guarding their authority and lording with pride!"

This is the part that firghtens me. Before she died, my sister claimed she sensed "spirits" around her and that something was "wrong." I have also sensed something too. I think there is a lot to this prophecy.