Soccer Mass Video
(07-15-2010, 06:11 PM)Stevo Wrote:
(07-15-2010, 12:09 PM)RalphKramden Wrote: I found this update if anyone is intrested:
http://www.catholicvoteaction.org/americ...php?p=7889

From the article:

[size=12pt]On Sunday, July 11, father Paul Vlaar, parish priest of St. Victor’s parish in Obdam, celebrated Holy Mass – on the occasion of Soccer World Cup – in an orange chasuble and furthermore using texts and objects which were a violation of the sanctity of the Holy Eucharist.
Such in spite of the promises that the priest made to his Bishop, not to mingle Holy Eucharist with profana.
So the Bishop, mgr. dr. Jozef Punt of Haarlem-Amsterdam, in a meeting with this priest on Thursday, July 15, suspended him. He will immediately leave the parish and is forbidden the administration of the Sacraments.
[/siz

Well, at least some Bishop's still take this kind of thing somewhat seriously, which is,as you said, at least a small glimmer of hope.  Better still would be a situation where priests were formed in such a way that they actually believed that this kind a travesty was unacceptable to start with.

-Steve

Stevo

I'm sorry but that is WAY to unfair.It is not the seminary fault,As much as a heretical priest like Luther or Knox doesn't damn the Seminaries of their time.It is not the formation but the choices of the priests.I MEAN COME ON! HE IS A ADULT! What will they do? Give him a spanking? Well,to suspend him is the same thing.The bishop did very good.I've been hearing ALOT about Today's bishops cracking down on abuses.It is happening,their formation is not the problem,it is thier evil Hearts
To say there's nothing wrong with the seminaries is naive at best.  Yes, priests like this are culpable as well, but I feel quite confident these problems would never have gotten as bad as they have if the seminaries had remained orthodox.
(07-17-2010, 02:23 PM)St.Ambrose Wrote: As much as a heretical priest like Luther or Knox doesn't damn the Seminaries of their time.

Perhaps because there weren't any to begin with.
(07-17-2010, 03:44 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote:
(07-17-2010, 02:23 PM)St.Ambrose Wrote: As much as a heretical priest like Luther or Knox doesn't damn the Seminaries of their time.

Perhaps because there weren't any to begin with.

OOOH! Right,Seminaries came after Trent by at least 50 years.Interesting

But I still stand by my point of:
Don't blame the parents MERELY because the child is bad.If the parent corrects the Kid (As the bishop did) then it is the child's fault for continuing in Disobedience and obscenity
(07-17-2010, 03:13 PM)3Sanctus Wrote: To say there's nothing wrong with the seminaries is naive at best.  Yes, priests like this are culpable as well, but I feel quite confident these problems would never have gotten as bad as they have if the seminaries had remained orthodox.

I will agree that they might not have gotten as bad,but we should look at the seminary he went to and find out who his teachers were.I mean,Let us not condemn the Apostles for Judas
I'm not judging any individuals in particular, but there's obviously something wrong with someone besides just the priest doing this.  I'm sure bad apples made it into the priesthood before Vatican II, but I've never seen or heard anything that would lead me to believe they were having soccer "Mass" said anywhere in the world pre-Vatican II - correct me if I'm wrong.
(07-17-2010, 06:46 PM)3Sanctus Wrote: I'm not judging any individuals in particular, but there's obviously something wrong with someone besides just the priest doing this.  I'm sure bad apples made it into the priesthood before Vatican II, but I've never seen or heard anything that would lead me to believe they were having soccer "Mass" said anywhere in the world pre-Vatican II - correct me if I'm wrong.

Well,I never heard of such.Thank God because if I did it would hurt my soul

but there were quite a few "Bad" Masses.Also,we must remember the times.Pre-vatican II there would not have been anyone recieving phone calls during mass,which we could have now.Or people playing with his Touch-screen phone and laughing like I saw a "Altar boy" do while he was in the pew.AND THIS WAS AT A LATIN MASS.

There were many Heretical masses,but they always were "Bad" according to their time.Remember Martin Luther use to be a priest,he was still a priest when he spoke the heresies he believed from the pulpit.

Soccer masses? Maybe not.But we might find masses given for Bad Royalty.In such a manner that they praise them

One happening of this is with as political leader-Adolf Hitler.He had the Priests who betrayed the vatican and side with him offer masses of pure hate and heresy.God only knows what sort of "Abuses" happened in the pre-vatican II church

But again,it was all to the times.Today we have far more moral laxity and heresy running around.Try looking during the renisence period