Is Mel Gibson the target or "the Passion of the Christ"?
(07-17-2010, 09:42 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: Predictable. The enemies of Christ are ever watchful.

However, let's take comfort that before catholics, the world hated Our Lord first.

and He said His Church would be hated, too.  if i can immediately remember that when i read something anti-Catholic, i don't have to get mad, which is better for my soul.

i'm not saying we should lie down and take it without pointing out the lies, just to remember that Jesus said it would be like this.

He also said to pray for our enemies because everyone prays for their friends. so let's do it -- pray for Frank Rich and the rabbi whose name i never heard and am too lazy to scroll down for.

even Protestants are taught that, although the Jews originally said "Crucify Him!" we would do the same, because of original sin.  that's why we have to say it on Palm Sunday, to remind ourselves that He died for our sins.  mainstream prots do the same thing, read it aloud.

we're not supposed to hate Jews today because some Jews in 33 A.D. yelled "Crucify Him!" and i have never heard any Catholics say they do.  i've known some very nice Jewish people and some obnoxious ones, but no more obnoxious than some Catholics I've known.

people have been accusing Mel of being anti-Semitic ever since the news was out that he planned to make a film about the Passion.  on one forum i used to belong to, a Jewish woman, or someone who had always claimed to be a Jewish woman, said the Gospel of John should be banned as anti-Semitic, pretty strange coming from a leftist, huh?  what about free speech and freedom of religion?

Messages In This Thread
Re: Is Mel Gibson the target or "the Passion of the Christ"? - by Historian - 07-17-2010, 10:25 PM
Is Mel Gibson the target? - by AlexE - 10-27-2010, 06:59 AM