Is Mel Gibson the target or "the Passion of the Christ"?
(07-17-2010, 11:14 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote:
(07-17-2010, 10:25 PM)i.p.i. Wrote: what about free speech and freedom of religion?

There's no freedom if it is "hate speech".

In other words, there's no freedom if it is against the Judeo-masonic establishment. And Catholicism is.

One of the things I love for its sheer hypocrisy is something I've often heard on some lower level conservative radio talk shows.  One guy in particular who pulls this one is a fella named Dom Giordano, nice voice, not too smart and pretty annoying.

It goes something like this:

"Such and such said.......This sort of thing is intolerable....It should cost him his job.....yes he has a right to free speech, but that doesn't mean he's immune from the consequences of what he said." 

I've always thought that was an interesting switcharound.  Speech really can't be free if you are threatened with having to pay a price for it, depending on the content.  At least the Church comes out and condemns errors and has never bragged about the freedom of speech, but there is a secular magisterium that excommunicates, censures and punished so-called "free speech" with a ruthlessness no religion has ever had. 

Messages In This Thread
Re: Is Mel Gibson the target or "the Passion of the Christ"? - by Gerard - 07-17-2010, 11:42 PM
Is Mel Gibson the target? - by AlexE - 10-27-2010, 06:59 AM