Even My Hometown Has Been Invaded by the Loonies
If I understood the article correctly, he's a 'bishop' and has 30 members in his flock and hopes that'll increase to 150 once they move out of the basement?  Hope he can handle all that authority.
David Kocka is old Catholic priest, may be bishop

http://occna.org/Old%20Catholic%20Links.htm

The old Catholics are typical example what happens with organizations which separate themselves from the unity with the Magisterium.

They came as the defenders of the tradition and the truth. Now their priests are married, charismatics. They elect the bishops, so the ordinations are invalid sacramentally.
There people are not "whack jobs" and "loonies." Jim Jones' folk were "whack jobs" and "loonies." Let's be careful of our superlatives. The people is question are misguided, but their beliefs are similar to a hefty amount of Protestant churches.
(07-18-2010, 06:02 PM)Credo Wrote: There people are not "whack jobs" and "loonies." Jim Jones' folk were "whack jobs" and "loonies." Let's be careful of our superlatives. The people is question are misguided, but their beliefs are similar to a hefty amount of Protestant churches.

Of course, Credo weighs in right on cue. Shocking...SHOCKING!
Lee Timmer Wrote:Of course, Credo weighs in right on cue. Shocking...SHOCKING!

Please explain this confusing, apparently rude comment. Is this not a discussion forum?
I have to agree with Credo, "loonies" probably isn't the best word to describe these people.

Like Protestants, these people are simply schismatic heretics.
(07-18-2010, 06:29 PM)Credo Wrote:
Lee Timmer Wrote:Of course, Credo weighs in right on cue. Shocking...SHOCKING!

Please explain this confusing, apparently rude comment. Is this not a discussion forum?

I'll explain nothing to you. You and giggles apparently post here simply as contrarians. I sometimes wonder if you're one and the same. It's funny how you guys seem to always post so close together.
Lee Timmer Wrote:I'll explain nothing to you. You and giggles apparently post here simply as contrarians. I sometimes wonder if you're one and the same. It's funny how you guys seem to always post so close together.

Then stay rude and stay confusing.

A careful reading of my post will reveal not only a contray opinion to what many posters here may or may not believe, but also an explanation of my reasoning. As such, in light of the explanation given, you cannot say I "apparently post here simply as [a] contrarian." This is, unless you doubt my sincerity.

Judging from the almost automatic rebuttals to my posts in the last month, one wonders who the real "contrarians" are.
A group calling themselves Catholic who hold services in makeshift "chapels" while denying the authority of Rome and the local bishop?  Hmmm...loonies is right.  :pazzo:
I saw the title of this thread and wondered if there was a Fisheaters meetup that I didn't know about.