Even My Hometown Has Been Invaded by the Loonies
When one is too charitable and one is taken advantage of then God deals with them. We are not in charge, we are lay men with opinions, we carry no weight. Pray for the SSPX that they accept jurisdiction, then pray for it's lay members so they do not become a schismatic sect with a new leader.
tim
(07-19-2010, 06:20 AM)timoose Wrote: When one is too charitable and one is taken advantage of then God deals with them. We are not in charge, we are lay men with opinions, we carry no weight. Pray for the SSPX that they accept jurisdiction, then pray for it's lay members so they do not become a schismatic sect with a new leader.
tim

Why would the SSPX become a schismatic sect? Schism denotes a refusal to accept the authority of the Holy Father; something the SSPX has never done. Why would they start now?
What I don't get is why people such as him and the five other "bishops" feel the need to spread their craziness.  If he feels that the priesthood was not his calling and he wants to get laicized and married, well it's not the best case but he could still have done it and led a decent life in the Church.  But nooo, let's start a rival church and drag ourselves down and others with us!  I do not get the mentality.  argh