Report on the decline of the New Mass in Latin in the U.S.
(07-20-2010, 03:51 PM)SaintRafael Wrote: Conservative organisations in the Church have also been against traditionalists on the whole. Good examples are Opus Dei and the Legionaries of Christ. As for the first, I regard them as creepy compromisers and don't want anything to do with them. As for the second, well, who wants to be connected to *them* after the Marciel Marsupial incident?"

hey, don't insult marsupials that way!  they're unusual and interesting animals, not child-molesting men.
(07-20-2010, 03:53 PM)The_Harlequin_King Wrote:
(07-20-2010, 03:50 PM)jacobhalo Wrote:   In my parish  (LM) you have to audition and be able to read music before you can join the Choir.  I'm a piano teacher and a pretty good singer and I don't know if I will be accepted.  This is really a professional group.

That sounds like a lot of Anglican/Episcopal churches. Ideally, there's so much supply in choir-hopefuls that the doors are busting open with audition-seekers.

Our Gregorian schola can't afford to do auditioning since there are so few volunteers in the first place. We're lucky to have four choristers on a given Sunday Mass.

There are only 4 members of the schola in our church.  Still, they are selective as to who is in the choir.