Health benefits of hydrogen peroxide ingestation...
Our vet used to recommend 2 Tablespoons of Hydrogen Peroxide to our labrador to induce vomiting when he ate things he wasn't supposed to.... which was quite often... this dog could have taught Marley a thing or two.....  anyway, it worked like a charm everytime... why wouldn't it make humans throw up tooHuh?Huh?
Concentration, most likely.
(07-28-2010, 10:47 PM)catholicschoolmom Wrote: Our vet used to recommend 2 Tablespoons of Hydrogen Peroxide to our labrador to induce vomiting when he ate things he wasn't supposed to.... which was quite often... this dog could have taught Marley a thing or two.....  anyway, it worked like a charm everytime... why wouldn't it make humans throw up tooHuh?Huh?

Because humans are not dogs. Humans have very different digestive systems than dogs.
(07-24-2010, 09:11 PM)James02 Wrote: Hydrogen peroxide is an oxidizing agent, otherwise known as bleach.  It does the same thing as the Clorox in you laundry room.  It destroys organic material.  In fact concentrated H2O2 put on wood or paper will start a fire.  Ask me how I know.   ;D

H2O2 is better than clorox as its byproduct is water.

H2O2 has very good health benefits in washing out your mouth, flushing out your ears, and gargling.  If you have a sore throat, try gargling with it.  It will oxidize (kill) the germs swarming in your throat.  Also, if you get headaches a lot, try flossing first, then washing out your mouth with peroxide.  It will kill all the germs living in between your teeth and in your gum pockets.  A lot of headaches come from teeth infections.  However, your skin and gums is coated with pretty inert dead cells, so the peroxide will burn out the germs before it harms you.  Of course if you hold it in your mouth for a long time, it will eventually oxidize away your protective layer.  20 seconds is fine.

I would not swallow it.  You stomach can probably take it well, as it is protected against acids.  However it will probably burn your esophagus.  H2O2 is also not naturally found in nature, so I doubt your body can incorporate it, though peroxides are manufactured by your body, esp. in white blood cells.

If the standard peroxide in the brown body is too strong, try cutting it 50/50.  Works great for sore throats, healthy gums, and cleaning out your ears.

Whitens teeth, too.  ;D