Taking up for UnityPublishing / Fr. Gruner's legitimacy
This discussion is interesting.  It is as if it is turning into a Fr. Gruner vs Rick Salbotto discussion. 

Okay...

(07-23-2010, 10:17 AM)DJR Wrote: What, or who, gives Mr. Salbato the right to make the claim that a certain apparition is false before the Church Herself has made a ruling on it?  He has no authority to do such a thing. 

...Why should anyone give Mr. Salbato any credence?... 

What gives him authority to talk about an apparition?  Better question: Who has the authority to take away his ability to write about the Church?  And who will shut him up?  No one!  It's the internet.

Rick Salbotto is an ordinary guy who is very interested in apparitions, the end of the world, and prophecy.  Apparently he thought it was important enough back in the late nineties to start a website that discussed these things. 

Has he claimed to be the foremost authority on such matters?  No. 

Is he starting some sort of national or international center that people should refer to in regards apparitions and prophecy?  Not to my knowledge.

If I decided to start a website discussing such things, I would be the same as him.  Now, this discussion is not fruitless.  We are uncovering some discrepencies in his website.  #1Out-of-date facts that are later disproven, yet he acknowledges (as I had shown in his recent email to me).  #2(My only Catholic friend and I have always commented on his spelling, as well.)  And #3, pages that are not updated.

Still, if it were not for him, I would not have known about Our Lady of Akita.  I would not have learned about St. Hildegard.  I would not have learned about Catherine Anne Emmerich.  I would not have known about this entire genre of Catholic thinking called prophecy.  In fact, it is thanks to Rick Salbotto that I learned about Vatican II's mischief and about the old traditional ways of the Church.  In fact, if it were not for his writings, I would not have eventually found my way here, to the Fisheaters. 

Like it or not, his site served as the conduit for where I am now.  And I'm sure that this is true for many other folks out there.  This "layman who has no authority to talk of such matters" is responsible for bringing me to where I am! 

------

Concerning his contradiction in his statements about La Salette, and later, Rwanda: my guess is that he just never got around to correcting the mistake.  He can, but he probably has a lot of other things going on in his life.  Again, he is an individual, not a foundation. 
(07-21-2010, 10:18 PM)LaramieHirsch Wrote: It seems that a fellow named “unknown” here on Fisheaters does not like Rick Salbot, the man who runs the website, unitypublishing.com.  However, I like that website!  And I like Rick Salbot!  Therefore, I am willing to serve as his advocate until he is proven in error on this matter. 

The following points from this link were posted on another thread.  http://www.unitypublishing.com/Apparitio...RUNER.html
“unknown” uses this page as evidence that Salbot is incompetent. 

I think the thread is concluding.  And I think that the guesstimate of Salbot being 80% on target could be right.  Perhaps I resent "unknown's" comment that unitypublishing is a "trashy" site.  It seemed a venomous attack, in my opinion.  And it seemed unfair, since the site has, at the very least, helped me get up to date with what has happened in the Church.

Rick Salboto is not an attacker of our traditional beliefs.  Can he get messy?  Yeah, sometimes.  But I don't think he is trying to be decietful or malicious.  He's a layman who's running a webpage, not for profit, because he believes in what he's been learning. 

Perhaps, in a separate post, we might sift through his website to weed out his innacuracies.  If you folks feel like dealin' with that. 

In the meanwhile,  don't be a hater!  The guy still has a book to put out.  It will be his up-to-date soapbox, which will spell out where the guy stands. 
(07-23-2010, 10:27 AM)winoblue1 Wrote: One has to give Fr Gruner's 'disobedience' some context.
In the 70's the Church was in major meltdown. Fr. Gruner was getting flack because he stopped giving communion in the hand. That is what started the ball rolling against him.
He eventually got the Fatima Centre job and started a tv show, and expanded the publication of the Fatima Crusader.
It became very popular in the 80's until he was kicked off of TV in Canada and his magazine banned in most NO churches.
As for him causing a ruckus at the Carmel of Sr Lucy, this is highly doubtful. Anyone who has met Fr Gruner or even watched him on TV knows  he has the personality of  a lamb. He is not aggressive and if anything too mild mannered.
I have met him personally at one of his events and been following his story for over 20 years.
Read his book "Fatima Priest" and you will learn how he is the most persecuted priest in the Church --- and all for what? For not following the Vatican II modernist agenda. All the while the abusing priests were 'in good standing' and the modernists could rekovate the churches. If this doesn't answer to those that play the 'obedience' card then they are not living in reality.
Many might be surprise to know that in the beginning Fr Gruner said the NO mass. But as time went on he realized that only a return to tradition will save the Church. I think his conversion to a SSPX -like view happened around 89 or 90.

I'm currently reading this book and I must say it is a very good read! The persecutions and malice towards Fr. Gruner pains me to no end! I've donated money to the Fatima Crusader and one of the supporting priests sent me this book in return. Do we know of any Conciliar Bishops in North America that have read this book and support Fr. Gruner's Fatima mission??? Is it even worth my time to send it to the Bishop of Allentown or they already aware of this??
This has never been answered:
Quote: “Gruner first spent time in a seminary in the United States and then moved to Avellino, Italy where he was ordained a diocesan priest by His Excellency Pasquale Venezia in 1976. Gruner refused to serve as a diocesan priest in Avellino and left for Canada without the bishop's approval.”

The above statement is demonstrably false. 

After ordination, Father Gruner entered a Franciscan novitiate in Italy and, with permission, traveled to North America to become part of a Franciscan community here.  Photocopies of the bishop’s letter giving Father Gruner permission to live outside the diocese have been published in the Fatima Crusader.

Let's stay on topic.  This fact above proves Salbot is a liar or in error.  He is also wrong about the consecration.  It was never done.
1.  September 1985 issue of Sol de Fatima, Sister Lucy was asked if the Pope fulfilled the request made by Our Lady at Tuy when he consecrated the world on March 25, 1984. Sister Lucy answered: "There was no participation of all the bishops, and there was no mention of Russia."  The interviewer then asked, "So the consecration was not done as requested by Our Lady?"  Sister Lucy answered: "No. Many bishops attached no importance to this act."

2.  ..after consecrating the world on March 25, 1984, Pope John Paul II acknowledged before about 250,000 people in St. Peter's Square that he had not done what Our Lady of Fatima requested. He prayed: "Enlighten especially the peoples of which, you yourself are awaiting our consecration and confiding."  He said that after he did the consecration of the world. So he knows he hasn't done what Our Lady of Fatima asked for. "

3.  March 27, 1984 - The Italian Catholic bishops' newspaper Avvenire reports that the Holy Father, on March 25 at 4:00 in the afternoon, three hours after he consecrated the world, prays at St. Peter's, asking Our Lady to bless "those peoples for whom You Yourself are awaiting our act of consecration and entrusting," and thus admits that the Consecration of Russia remains unfulfilled.

Now since the Pope had just consecrated the WORLD to Mary, who are these people whom she is AWAITING our act of consecration and entrusting?  Men on the moon?  Clearly he is talking about Russia.
Vatican Press Release Feb. 1960 Wrote:"Although the Church recognizes the Fatima apparitions She does not desire to take the responsibility of guaranteeing the veracity of the words that the three shepherd children said that the Virgin Mary had addressed to them."

Where in the official release of the secret are the WORDS of our Lady?  What was released was the notebook which held the account of the vision.  The letter has never been released.
(07-23-2010, 10:27 AM)winoblue1 Wrote: One has to give Fr Gruner's 'disobedience' some context.
In the 70's the Church was in major meltdown. Fr. Gruner was getting flack because he stopped giving communion in the hand. That is what started the ball rolling against him.
He eventually got the Fatima Centre job and started a tv show, and expanded the publication of the Fatima Crusader.
It became very popular in the 80's until he was kicked off of TV in Canada and his magazine banned in most NO churches.
As for him causing a ruckus at the Carmel of Sr Lucy, this is highly doubtful. Anyone who has met Fr Gruner or even watched him on TV knows  he has the personality of  a lamb. He is not aggressive and if anything too mild mannered.
I have met him personally at one of his events and been following his story for over 20 years.
Read his book "Fatima Priest" and you will learn how he is the most persecuted priest in the Church --- and all for what? For not following the Vatican II modernist agenda. All the while the abusing priests were 'in good standing' and the modernists could rekovate the churches. If this doesn't answer to those that play the 'obedience' card then they are not living in reality.
Many might be surprise to know that in the beginning Fr Gruner said the NO mass. But as time went on he realized that only a return to tradition will save the Church. I think his conversion to a SSPX -like view happened around 89 or 90.

Or in short, the modern Church is full of apostates and bastards.

Them hating you and wishing to silence you is nearly always a sign that you are telling the truth.

Heretics, wackos, queers, uber-liberals, protestants, paedos, abortionists, the UN, Jews and Marxists ALL get a free pass.

Father Gruner MUST be doing something right.
(10-11-2010, 02:41 AM)ggreg Wrote: Or in short, the modern Church is full of apostates and bastards.

Them hating you and wishing to silence you is nearly always a sign that you are telling the truth.

Heretics, wackos, queers, uber-liberals, protestants, paedos, abortionists, the UN, Jews and Marxists ALL get a free pass.

Father Gruner MUST be doing something right.

Of course he is!!
(07-22-2010, 01:56 AM)LaramieHirsch Wrote:      I will admit now, I don't know much about Father Nicholas Gruner...  

There is another way of finding out the other side -  read Fr. Gruner's site yourself.  I think you will find quite a bit of info in re to all allegations against  him thus made.  As far as the consecration of Russia taking place -  Our Lady asked that ALL bishops take part in it.  Sr. Lucy herself stated that a number of bishops attach NO  importance to Fatima.  Hence, the consecration did not take place. Who is being disobedient now?
I was a bit of a fan of Mr. Salbato a few years ago.  I credit him with opening my eyes regarding Medjugorje and for that I'm thankful.

But, as has been pointed out, he is too loose with his opinions (which he mostly regards as facts) and his research is sometimes incomplete.

He recently published a sort of "theory of everything".  A giant tome about the history of the world, science, politics, you name it.  I read a bit of it and came away smelling Crazy Old Man Syndrome.