The fruits of VII: Who cares what the Church teaches
(07-22-2010, 04:44 PM)Walty Wrote:
(07-22-2010, 04:35 PM)glgas Wrote:
(07-22-2010, 04:22 PM)Walty Wrote: Would such an all out attack on the Church's moral teaching from the secular world have been successful (or even possible) in a pre-Conciliar world?

Limiting the number of children to one two in a family in the Western world started in the 19th century, definitely unrelated to the XXI ecumenical council. This was somewhat delayed in the US, but the present status is certainly independent from the council. The reproductive factor has strong correlation with the wealth, and no correlation at all with religion, or religious adherence, except for some extreme minority groups, like the ultraconservative Jews.

Apparently  you believe that the XXII ecumenical council had mythical power to change the word even backward. It had not.

I'm wondering if you can back any of this up with fact.  I don't think most American families limited their number of children to one or two in the 19th century. 

Gassy's right on this the population control started in the late 19th century. I had to do a paper for it in school.The thing is though it  usually involved in eugenics How to create the perfect man and how to make blacks be born white".It was really weird and then it all sorta came to a head with the Nazi's and Obama.

Messages In This Thread
Re: The fruits of VII: Who cares what the Church teaches - by Baskerville - 07-22-2010, 06:35 PM