Beer Wars - documentary
Anyone seen the documentary "Beer Wars"?

Thoughts about it?
I saw it. It made me never want to buy a Bud product again, then after watching further I see they've bought up every smaller label. I guess I can't win.

Oh and that woman pitching that caffeinated beer is crazy. Not only does it sound stupid, but she's never home. Instead she's hawking it in bars across the country.
Yeah....

Being a Milwaukee boy, I am sworn to never purchase an Anheuser-Busch company.  So, it's already kinda easy.  :)  But, I def. am reconsidering the purchase of a Miller product..  :-\  But, the nice thing is Wisconsin (and now Indiana) has enough microbrews/craft brewers that I can try them out and avoid the major labels.

Favorite Wisconsin craft brew:  New Glarus.  Def. can't wait to get back home and buy some..  :)

And, yea, the caffeinated beer is dumb.  It's unhealthy, first off.  And second... is it really worth it, if you can't get it sold?  Like...  *shrug*  At a certain point, you need to realize, no one wants your beer.  :(  I've never even heard of "B to the E," but I have heard of Dogfish Head (or whatever it's called).

As I saw at Radfest, an Upland Brewery (Bloomington, IN) event - Think global, drink local.  :)
(07-26-2010, 12:15 AM)CollegeCatholic Wrote: but I have heard of Dogfish Head (or whatever it's called).

Dogfish is my favorite!! Their brewery is about an hour and a half from my house, and about half an hour from my boyfriend's house, so we've taken the tour and everything. Their pub is nearby, too, so we go there for dinner every now and then. The food sucks, but, obviously, the beer is awesome. They have a seasonal beer out right now called Sah'tea. It debuted last year. It is absolutely my favorite beer. If you can get your hands on some, I strongly recommend trying it. It's only sold in a 750 mL bottle, though, so grab a friend or two before you open it (or don't :) ).

CollegeCatholic Wrote:Think global, drink local.  :)

That's Dogfish Head's motto, too.

Also, I can't wait for this mini-series on the discovery channel.
The best microbrewery to go to is called Boston Beer Works. Their two locations are in Boston and Salem.

The film looks good.

(07-26-2010, 12:15 AM)CollegeCatholic Wrote: Yeah....

Being a Milwaukee boy, I am sworn to never purchase an Anheuser-Busch company.  So, it's already kinda easy.  :)  But, I def. am reconsidering the purchase of a Miller product..  :-\  But, the nice thing is Wisconsin (and now Indiana) has enough microbrews/craft brewers that I can try them out and avoid the major labels.

Yeah, then do it. I mean, for me High Life will always be a standby, it's cheap and goes down fine. If you ever see it, up north, definitely try 3 Floyds. They're a brewery a little southwest from Chicago in Indiana. My personal favorites of their's are Behemoth and Dreadnaught. They are pricey, though.

Quote: Favorite Wisconsin craft brew:  New Glarus.  Def. can't wait to get back home and buy some..  :)

I've had their Spotted Cow a long time ago. I remember liking it, but I'd like to try it again. Matter of fact, I drove near New Glarus I think, not too long ago.

Quote: Think global, drink local.  :)

or drink foreign

[Image: image1.jpg]
(07-27-2010, 12:19 PM)Gman Wrote:
(07-26-2010, 12:15 AM)CollegeCatholic Wrote: Yeah....

Yeah, then do it. I mean, for me High Life will always be a standby, it's cheap and goes down fine. If you ever see it, up north, definitely try 3 Floyds. They're a brewery a little southwest from Chicago in Indiana. My personal favorites of their's are Behemoth and Dreadnaught. They are pricey, though.

Quote: Favorite Wisconsin craft brew:  New Glarus.  Def. can't wait to get back home and buy some..  :)

I've had their Spotted Cow a long time ago. I remember liking it, but I'd like to try it again. Matter of fact, I drove near New Glarus I think, not too long ago.

Quote: Think global, drink local.  :)

or drink foreign

[Image: image1.jpg]

I probably will.  Also, I love me some 3 Floyds.  Have you the Robert the Bruce?  Very good.  A traddie friend of mine had this at his wedding reception.  :)  Amazing.  Will look for the Behemoth and Dreadnought, though.  I'm currently in Indiana (Terre Haute for school), so I'll hunt them down!  :)

I have yet to meet someone who dislikes/d Spotted Cow.  Which is rather interesting, if you think about it.  Both the men in my family, and the women, like it. 
(07-27-2010, 12:02 AM)Penelope Wrote:
(07-26-2010, 12:15 AM)CollegeCatholic Wrote: but I have heard of Dogfish Head (or whatever it's called).

Dogfish is my favorite!! Their brewery is about an hour and a half from my house, and about half an hour from my boyfriend's house, so we've taken the tour and everything. Their pub is nearby, too, so we go there for dinner every now and then. The food sucks, but, obviously, the beer is awesome. They have a seasonal beer out right now called Sah'tea. It debuted last year. It is absolutely my favorite beer. If you can get your hands on some, I strongly recommend trying it. It's only sold in a 750 mL bottle, though, so grab a friend or two before you open it (or don't :) ).
They have a place near me, I've been thinking about stopping in.  Maybe after I start getting paid...
Cool.  I can get it streaming on Netflix.

The best beer out here near the west coast is Sierra Nevada, but is available everywhere.  I actually had it the first time in Boston on a business trip at the suggestion of a co-worker.

www.sierranevada.com

They make special editions in addition to their Pale Ale.  Most of them are great tasting and strong.  The Torpedo is great at 7.1%.  Everytime they have a new flavor I pick it up, and I am never disappointed.

Right now I have a case of their Summerfest in my pantry.  It is quite refreshing after a hot day.
Sierra Nevada and Dogfish did a collaboration last year called Life and Limb. I haven't tried it, but I hear good things about it.