Fidelity to Christ
I was never sure about his Grace Archbishop Vincent Nichols however this interview has won me over. And yes I know that he has made some gaffs in the past, the man is obviously not perfect or even what I would want to lead the flock in England but he is a VAST improvement over anyone inside the Magic Circle.

His statement to the BBC though just shows me and should show anyone the inmense difference between Catholic (True Christianity and fidelity) vs. protestantisms approach (cherry picked Christianity)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/ha...783344.stm

Love it.

The most amazing part of that excerpt is how the interview does not understand the fact that the Church CAN NOT simply change its mind about certain things. I see his face and he just can't seem to get his mind around it.
It seems people have lost the ability to think objectively and realize existence is objective.

I went out for a drink last night and had a girl talking to me for a while.  Somehow I brought up the fact I'm Catholic and she said she is, too, and started talking about how she disagrees with the Church's teachings on fornication and homosexuality...didn't have much luck getting through her head that those aren't decisions made by people but by God.  Those sorts of people are so far off the mark, thanks to the subjective Masonic drivel that exists so openly in the world today.  :(
(07-24-2010, 03:45 PM)3Sanctus Wrote: It seems people have lost the ability to think objectively and realize existence is objective.

I went out for a drink last night and had a girl talking to me for a while.  Somehow I brought up the fact I'm Catholic and she said she is, too, and started talking about how she disagrees with the Church's teachings on fornication and homosexuality...didn't have much luck getting through her head that those aren't decisions made by people but by God.  Those sorts of people are so far off the mark, thanks to the subjective Masonic drivel that exists so openly in the world today.   :(

It as always been like that for the Church. Imagine being a 4th century Christian trying to make your pagan neighbor understand that having orgies with random people in the Roman baths is not God's plan for humanity.
But now we have a huge chuck of people who think they're being good Catholics who are doing this.  It's not became a massive internal issue due to bad catechesis and the growth of subjective world views within the members of the Body of Christ.  That's the really sad part - and those people can tend to be harder to bring to the light.