Grolsch
Heineken
Dortmunder
St Pauli Girl

In Japan: KiRin
Philippines: San Miguel
Guatemala: El Gallo
Mexico: Tecate

Most American beer is swill but if I need to drink that bellywash I'll have a Budweiser!
XXXX?????!!!

OHHH please
I agree Marty ----cane toad juice!

Horrid stuff

MikeSearson Wrote:Most American beer is swill

We Americans have some lovely microbrews!
Quote:Originally posted by Sophia

We Americans have some lovely microbrews!

I agree! Varus and I sampled many excellent microbrews on our 8000 mile, 17 state road trip through the western US last summer. Pike Pub and Brewery in Seattle had many fine examples of the brewer’s craft – I remember their IPA, Kilt-Lifter Ale, Oatmeal Stout, and Weisse were particularly good. The Wheat beer from Santa Fe Brewing and Moose Drool from Big Sky Brewing were also excellent.

[DISCLAIMER: Varus and I, both individually and collectively, neither encourage nor endorse excessive consumption of beer. Our consumption of large quantities of quality beer last summer was primarily for cultural/educational purposes. It was also medically necessary (to replace lost electrolytes) after spending 8 – 10 hours in an un-air-conditioned vehicle in July.]

:clink:
Stout and porter are the best. There are also German black beers. One, Koestritzer, looks like coke and tastes delicious.
I recommend chocolate stout as well. Generally the higher-alcohol content beers taste better.
Most American beer is crap and tastes like what one would imagine equine urine to be. This is because it has been consistently watered down and messed with (putting in preservatives and such additives as rice that don’t belong in beer and would never pass the noble German Reinheitsgebot). This is also because the money-grubbing capitalist bastards who run the major American breweries don’t care about their products—only profits. They believe most Americans prefer weak, watered-down swill, ersatz Pilseners of only three-point-something per cent alcohol. Alas, this is true, and most Americans don’t know what’s good for them (or they’d be Catholic, now wouldn’t they? HAHAHAHA!:jester:)
However, even in poor, old benighted North Carolina, there were breweries all over the bloody place in the 19th century. During the War Between the States, there was a nice brewery in Winston-Salem that produced a fine porter (I’ve consumed the product of the recipe but, alas, forgotten the name).
The beers of Catholic Germany are probably the best on earth. OK—maybe one should say “formerly Catholic,” in these times of sad apostasy. Germany produces more beer than any nation on earth, and Bavaria produces more beer than the rest of Germany put to-gether. The deeper south one goes in Germany, the truer the character of the place is, and every tiny hamlet has several little breweries. People produce it in their own private cellars, too. I did this once with a friend—using a German recipe that yielded a highly drinkable brew of nine per cent alcohol.
It’s a noble craft, beer-making, and it’s worth noting that the best Catholics—Chesterton and Tolkien—drink good beer and smoke either cigars or pipes or both.
Im Himmel gibt’s kein Bier? Dass ist nicht richtig!
Prost! Zum Wohl! Fuer Karl, unser Kaiser!
:clink::clink::beer:
Yes, many American micro-breweries are splendid—because they are basically recreating European beers!
And yes, the stupid, brain-dead, silly, puritanical, age-specific prohibition on alcohol consumption in this poor, stupid country is counterproductive, unrealistic and utterly retarded. The men who came up with this fatuous idea many years ago should have been strung up by their goolies. :w2go::clap::clap::clap:
I have seen 11-year-old girls in Germany drinking beer with their mothers in open-air public places. In Germany, there is no drinking age: if you can see over the bar, they serve you.
Most alcohol-related deaths in this stupid country could be avoided altogether were Americans to adopt a Catholic approach: integrate drinking wine and beer as a normal dinnertime pastime that is limited and no big deal. This would prevent over-compensatory boys of 18, trying to make up for lost time, from jumping off the fifth floors of college dorms whilst in drunken stupors. Mothers Against Drunk Driving? I blame the mad mothers for their mad ideas of silly, tee-totalling puritanism: that does entirely more harm to the brats unfortunate enough to be their progeny.
These two facts—1) America’s more-than-residual puritanism, leading to its hypocritical, silly and morally indefensible stance on not drinking unti the ripe old age of 21, and 2) its generally ubiquitous antipathy to Catholicism—are more than enough proof that this country hasn’t been right in 250 years.
It’s enough to drive a Catholic Confederate to drink!:clink:
I totally agree.  I was introduced to drinking at an early age.  I have had little "sips" of my Dad's drinks for as long as I can remember.  The first time I ever got drunk was when I was 15 ( I snuck from my Dad's liquore cabinet)  so I learned very early that it was no fun in the morning.  I also learned what my limits were.
Dos Equis Amber! and... well Chimay is good too but it's high gravity!
Oh yeah!!!
From - http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/sto...02,00.html

Quote:
Beer ad the toast of global awards June 26, 2006 THE Big Ad commercial for Carlton Draught has been voted the second-best television ad in the world at the Cannes International Advertising Festival.

The Big Ad narrowly lost the top prize to an ad for another beer brand, Guinness, but on Saturday won Australia's only gold Lion award in the film section at Cannes. Released on the internet last year, The Big Ad, which shows men in red and yellow robes forming the shape of a man drinking the beer in a parody of big-budget commercials, has been downloaded and watched more than three million times.
But while Carlton Draught sales are rising and were doing so before the release of The Big Ad, made by Melbourne agency George Patterson Y&R for $1million, it has failed to convert a large number of drinkers.
Six other Australian entries won bronze, including risque Lynx Jet TV ads featuring mini-skirt-clad air hostesses.
The chair of the film jury, David Droga, a US-based Australian, said The Big Ad was "phenomenally successful and completely entertaining and turns a category on its head by being able to have fun".
Mr Droga said the Guinness ad that won the Grand Prix, which uses computer-generated time-regression graphics to show three men drinking a Guinness as the culmination of 50,000 years of evolution, was considered a triumphant return for the brand's long-time "Good things come to those who wait campaign".
The result capped a creative renaissance for Australia's advertising industry, which netted 36 awards during the festival, including the Media Grand Prix for Lynx Jet.
The Lynx Jet campaign, which won nine awards, was effectively excluded from the Titanium section of the festival, when the rules were re-interpreted this week to reward non-traditional ideas rather than integrated campaigns that use multiple media.
High hopes had been held for VB's Talking Boonie promotion featuring a doll of cricketer David Boon. But Japanese firm Design Barcode won the Titanium award for creating line-drawing pictures around the barcodes found on packages.
London-based Australian jury member Craig Davis said the idea "takes something that has been repellent and actually makes it attractive".
A McDonald's TV commercial created by Sydney agency Leo Burnett encouraging people to "feed your inner child" won a bronze Lion. 

See the add from the link below!!!!
I prefer most drinks with a little more flavor but where beers are concerned my favorites are: Shiner Bach, Michelob, and Dos Equis.
Tequiza is good too but it's part tequila so it probably doesn't count. [Image: jestera.gif]