Two silly is it a sin questions.
Quote:How would the Devil playing a fiddle sound?  -HM

Hot. :sobstory:
(08-03-2010, 09:47 PM)Gerard Wrote: Well, I hate to cause a scandal but I recently heard, "The Devil went down to Georgia" after many years and I have to say, the devil should have won the fiddling duel.  Johnny didn't really do much but repeat a broken chord pattern over and over again.  It was an underwhelming performance and the devil was the superior player at that contest.

But the devil had a band of demons join him. Johnny sawed the fiddle all alone... That's not quite fair, is it?

Besides, the devil's fiddle sounded way too scratchy for my ears... reminded me of a hair shirt...  and my grandma would poop a brick if she found a chicken picking dough out of one of her bread pans...  we'd have fried chicken for dinner.
justlurking Wrote:Is it a sin to listen to songs like Sympathy for the Devil by the Rolling Stones?

Personally, Guns N' Roses' version of that song is better. If you like something, you like it. What good is pretending differently? Just don't seek out any songs with music and lyrics like that. If it comes your way, it's not that big of a deal.

Quote:Is it a sin to go to a gym whose owner chose to decorate with pagan stuff like the Taoist ying yang symbol or chea imitations of egyptian papyrus with egyptian god images?

The decorations are a sign of larger societal confusion on philosophical and religious questions.