Hell is for eternity
(08-04-2010, 01:36 PM)crusaderfortruth3372 Wrote:
(08-04-2010, 12:17 AM)Resurrexi Wrote: Thanks for the head's up. I definitely need to get to confession this weekend.

I need to get to confession tonight or tomorrow!!! I try to go once a week or less then that, but it just isn't readily available everyday by me, which is a shame! And that is another big problem with the NO...Only confessions in most dioceses are Saturday for 1 hour.

I try to stay in constant grace, but spring/summer is a horrible time for my own battle against lustful thoughts and impurity!! It is a never ending struggle for me!!  :(

Fight on my friend and don't give up. Never stop praying. Never!
(08-04-2010, 12:27 PM)WanderingPenitent Wrote: When people point this out I feel the need to point out how misleading it is. Yes, there will be no sex in heaven. But too often when people hear that they assume it means no intimacy with our loved ones. Heaven, we know, is quite the opposite. There is no sex because there is nothing but intimacy. Sex will seem like such a small thing in comparison. And sexual sins will be forgotten.

When you have to chose, you will not see that contact (with God, and through God with others) better that now.

As for the intimacy with a particular person, the women in Matt 22 will share the intimacy with whom?

Real intimacy (the two will be one body) is only between two person, this makes men monogamous by nature. Naturally we do not know details, but I suppose the 'intimacy' with God, will fill up everybody, leaves no place with any other intimacy.
(08-04-2010, 02:27 PM)glgas Wrote:
(08-04-2010, 12:27 PM)WanderingPenitent Wrote: When people point this out I feel the need to point out how misleading it is. Yes, there will be no sex in heaven. But too often when people hear that they assume it means no intimacy with our loved ones. Heaven, we know, is quite the opposite. There is no sex because there is nothing but intimacy. Sex will seem like such a small thing in comparison. And sexual sins will be forgotten.

When you have to chose, you will not see that contact (with God, and through God with others) better that now.

As for the intimacy with a particular person, the women in Matt 22 will share the intimacy with whom?

Real intimacy (the two will be one body) is only between two person, this makes men monogamous by nature. Naturally we do not know details, but I suppose the 'intimacy' with God, will fill up everybody, leaves no place with any other intimacy.

Of course there is room for other intimacy.  We, as the Church triumphant, join into unity with the Holy Trinity all together.  Intimacy between the blessed is necessarily a part of the make-up of heaven.
(08-04-2010, 12:51 PM)Petertherock Wrote: Unless you are a muzzie and then you get 70 virgins for all eternity.

Oh hai.  Let's go and thread jack my thread, because you hate some heretical group.

Seriously, what the hell is the point of this post?  Is it going to bring anyone to God?  Drive anyone to confession?  Does this post have anything to do with the furthering of the spiritual life of ANYONE?

And, if you take a second to read your post, it seems as though you're promoting relativism.  The Truth is the Truth.  If you're Muslim, you face the exact same painful Hell as a Catholic, Methodist, Lutheran, or Buddhist - you just choose to deny it.

This is you:  :dunce:
(08-04-2010, 04:01 PM)Walty Wrote:
(08-04-2010, 02:27 PM)glgas Wrote:

Of course there is room for other intimacy.  We, as the Church triumphant, join into unity with the Holy Trinity all together.  Intimacy between the blessed is necessarily a part of the make-up of heaven.

Which is exactly my point. I am not saying that there will be a sort of spiritual sex in heaven replacing the physical one (which seems a bit presumptuous to say the least). What I am saying is that we will have so much intimacy with eachother by the very nature of being one with the Holy Trinity in our intimacy that something like sexual union will be so small by comparison that it won't matter.

That is not to say sexual union is not holy. Proper, marital sexual union is possibly one of the greatest expressions (but from from the only great expression) of intimacy we have on earth that God has given us and is a reflection of His glory and love in so many different ways, particularly in that it is so personal. But it is still such a tiny thing compared to the intimacy we will have in Heaven. Heck, the whole point of Marriage is a partnership to help eachother into Heaven. Once there, the two individuals do not lose their intimacy but instead are granted intimacy with all others in Heaven non in small comparison to God but precisely because that's what intimacy with God is: love. If one is filled with the love of God they cannot help but love everyone else. If saints are so capable of that on Earth, what can we possibly say for those in Heaven?
He stated what Muslims believe. How is that hate? Grow up.

Muslims ARE NOT heretics. Any more than Jews are. Good grief.

And for Muslims, Methodists, Lutherans, Buddhists and the majority of Catholics Hell is a LOCK. Only Catholics have a shot, and sadly most blow it.

Sorry to burst your ecumenical bubble, college kid.
CH:
How in the world am I ecumenical? 

Regardless of Muslims believe, there is but one truth - the Catholic Faith.  I can believe that Heaven will be made of gumdrops, but guess what, that doesn't change what Heaven will be like for me.  It will be a certain thing, not at the whim of my beliefs.  For anyone else to state otherwise, it'd be wrong. 

I have to believe you misread my post.  Otherwise, I am not sure why you attacked me.

Also, must I change my username to stop being looked down upon for being in college? 
(08-04-2010, 05:17 AM)glgas Wrote: We all will make the decision weather we want to go

- to the heaven were there is no sex, no power over other beings, no inherited or self acquired privileges, no satisfaction that we know the truth

- or to the hell, where there is sex, power over others, human and spiritual privileges, and everyone can claim his/her own truth as the resolution for everyone.

Think about the pain that not only Americans bomb Iraqis but next day Iraqis bomb Americans. The pain is not created by God, but the damned individuals make it for each other.

And yes, go to confession, and ask yourself not only the question about the concupiscence, but the question: are you humble enough for the heaven?

Damn youa re getting close to 3500 pointless posts...that is a record....one you break every day...LOL  moron.
Howcan u have sex I. He'll
I don't gt it
so somethins  fishy
sip
sip