Pickled Pigs Feet
There was a gas station in Richmond Va down Cary St. as you headed Downtown...at least I think it was Cary...the in the hood section somewhere befor Vine St. that had a big ad on the window for "Backs, Gizzards, and Necks..."   yeah boiy.

It may have be a street two north of Cary.

I just did yahoo maps sat...pulled it in really close...It was the gas station at Cary and Meadows
(08-08-2010, 12:56 AM)Scipio_a Wrote: "Backs, Gizzards, and Necks..." 
I'm game ;D
It's good stuff really.  Fish fry's are big in the hood too...katsup being the topiing of choice in the southeast.

My dad like gizzards...never been a fan myself but I lke the livers and the hearts.

I had a Jamacan buddy that tried Chicken toe soup in Haiti....he said..."Man, I was sucking on those toes."
(08-08-2010, 01:28 AM)Scipio_a Wrote: It's good stuff really.  Fish fry's are big in the hood too...katsup being the topiing of choice in the southeast.

My dad like gizzards...never been a fan myself but I lke the livers and the hearts.
I love fish frys and livers, but prefer Catsup ;D
(08-08-2010, 01:28 AM)Scipio_a Wrote: I had a Jamacan buddy that tried Chicken toe soup in Haiti....he said..."Man, I was sucking on those toes."
:rofl: thanks, now I've got a mess to clean up....soda all over the screen. That's the funnies thing I've heard in a while. I'm not sure I'd be brave enough to try that, I don't remember chickens having toes, more like claws.
(08-08-2010, 01:35 AM)RalphKramden Wrote: :rofl: thanks, now I've got a mess to clean up....soda all over the screen. That's the funnies thing I've heard in a while. I'm not sure I'd be brave enough to try that, I don't remember chickens having toes, more like claws.

That was my reaction...but I did not have soda fortunately...
(08-08-2010, 12:56 AM)Scipio_a Wrote: There was a gas station in Richmond Va down Cary St. as you headed Downtown...at least I think it was Cary...the in the hood section somewhere befor Vine St. that had a big ad on the window for "Backs, Gizzards, and Necks..."   yeah boiy.

I just did yahoo maps sat...pulled it in really close...It was the gas station at Cary and Meadows

I know the one you're talking about -- I used to live around the corner. They have really good potato wedges and fried chicken livers, too -- or used to -- the store changed hands and I don't know how the food counter is now.

Chicken livers, gizzards, hearts -- treat foods in my household growing up. I still gobble them up when I get a chance. Gizzards and hearts are especially good -- nice and chewy!
(08-08-2010, 09:18 AM)Satori Wrote:
(08-08-2010, 12:56 AM)Scipio_a Wrote: There was a gas station in Richmond Va down Cary St. as you headed Downtown...at least I think it was Cary...the in the hood section somewhere befor Vine St. that had a big ad on the window for "Backs, Gizzards, and Necks..."   yeah boiy.

I know the one you're talking about -- I used to live around the corner. They have really good potato wedges and fried chicken livers, too -- or used to -- the store changed hands and I don't know how the food counter is now.

Chicken livers, gizzards, hearts -- treat foods in my household growing up. I still gobble them up when I get a chance. Gizzards and hearts are especially good -- nice and chewy!

I don't know if you guys are all Southerners or what, but here's a little tip.....there ARE parts of the animal that you are SUPPOSED TO THROW AWAY!!!!  :laughing:
You know, cooked pigs feet are quite good and common our cuisine:

[Image: xin_7adee47d0dbc4b318201603c1b424172.jpg]
Another awesome delicacy are pigs ears, usually cooked and served with vinegar:

[Image: DSC00315.JPG]
(08-08-2010, 03:57 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: You know, cooked pigs feet are quite good and common our cuisine:

[Image: xin_7adee47d0dbc4b318201603c1b424172.jpg]

It may be true, but the first time I saw a couple o' good ole boys breaking Ziploc bags of squirrel meat out of the cooler.......tip.....if your dinner is considered "vermin" in other states, you might be a Jeff Foxworthy fan.........