I'm getting too fat... :( Help?
(08-18-2010, 07:11 PM)Underdog Wrote:
(08-18-2010, 03:43 PM)Walty Wrote:
(08-18-2010, 11:33 AM)3Sanctus Wrote: How bad is drinking vodka with club soda?  I've heard that's supposed to not be so bad for you.

Also, how much coffee can you drink before it becomes a bad thing?  I'm presuming milk in the coffee, but no sugar.  How much better is black coffee than coffee with milk?

A lot better.  Straight coffee has nearly no calories.  Straight coffee with even skim milk adds a ton of calories.  And if you use anything but skim it obviously adds a lot of fat as well.  Sticking sugar and half and half into your coffee is about as good for you as having a little milk shake.  It's kind of like dumping dressing on your salad and thinking you're still getting a healthy meal.

Coffee without cream is worthless...you'd be better off with a cup of tea...IMHO.  :D

Why not just drink some chocolate milk or something?
(08-18-2010, 08:46 PM)Walty Wrote: Why not just drink some chocolate milk or something?

Chocolate is meant to be eaten (unless it's nice and thick, and you have some fresh churros), while coffee is for drinking.
If no one else has recommended it, I suggest a diet of traditional foods of lacto-fermented veggies and beverages and meats and raw dairy from grass-fed animals. Study the research of Dr. Weston A. Price: www.westonaprice.org and www.realmilk.com. These can direct you to the nearest health food market or farmer.

J.M.J. +
Remember calories, good nutrient-dense calories that is, are your friend. Don't be as skinny as a Pole like me. LOL
(08-18-2010, 08:50 PM)Texican Wrote: Chocolate is meant to be eaten (unless it's nice and thick, and you have some fresh churros), while coffee is for drinking.
Chocolate was originally a drink, actually.
(08-18-2010, 09:16 PM)Louis_Martin Wrote: Chocolate was originally a drink, actually.

They didn't know better  ;D
More Ovaltine Please!

It's hard to think about Ovaltine without thinking about Young Frankenstein, lol.
(08-18-2010, 08:46 PM)Walty Wrote:
(08-18-2010, 07:11 PM)Underdog Wrote:
(08-18-2010, 03:43 PM)Walty Wrote:
(08-18-2010, 11:33 AM)3Sanctus Wrote: How bad is drinking vodka with club soda?  I've heard that's supposed to not be so bad for you.

Also, how much coffee can you drink before it becomes a bad thing?  I'm presuming milk in the coffee, but no sugar.  How much better is black coffee than coffee with milk?

A lot better.  Straight coffee has nearly no calories.  Straight coffee with even skim milk adds a ton of calories.  And if you use anything but skim it obviously adds a lot of fat as well.  Sticking sugar and half and half into your coffee is about as good for you as having a little milk shake.  It's kind of like dumping dressing on your salad and thinking you're still getting a healthy meal.

Coffee without cream is worthless...you'd be better off with a cup of tea...IMHO.  :D

Why not just drink some chocolate milk or something?

Chocolate milk (or any milk) is an excellent drink after a workout.  A cup of coffee is a good drink pre-workout.

A regular coffee, double double is about 150 calories, while a small milkshake is around 500.  The problem with coffee is that people often drink many cups a day due to their caffeine addiction.  Herbal tea is a healthier substitute. 
Ah, see now I love coffee in the morning. Black. If I have some leftover then in the afternoon I'll make ice coffee with a little milk and Splenda... It's so good.
Oh my Jesus, I surrender myself to you. Take care of everything.--Fr Dolindo Ruotolo

Persevere..Eucharist, Holy Rosary, Brown Scapular, Confession. You will win.
(08-18-2010, 06:18 PM)Joamy Wrote: Yippeeee - I've lost 10 pounds!!!!!! :) :) :) :)

Good job! As they say in Weight Watchers, "Bravo!"  :clap: :laughing:

I think I've knocked off about five pounds in the past couple weeks. I've been walking a lot more and eating only fresh fruit and cut up veggies or plain popcorn if I need a snack between meals. 
Oh my Jesus, I surrender myself to you. Take care of everything.--Fr Dolindo Ruotolo

Persevere..Eucharist, Holy Rosary, Brown Scapular, Confession. You will win.