I'm getting too fat... :( Help?
If you want to lose fat without losing muscle, then keep your protein intake high - 1 gram of protein per pound of bodyweight at least - and cut everything else as much as possible.  Take a multi-vitamin and fish oil supplements, and caffeine for energy.  

If you want to lose weight regardless of body composition, then just drastically reduce calories.
(08-10-2010, 12:57 AM)Baskerville Wrote: I have had to battle with weight problems my whole life. My trick is to eat very small amounts of food and do tons of cardio workout.

Cardio is a fantastic way to get an appetite.  :laughing:  The 200 calories or so that people burn on the treadmill for 30 minutes is nullified with just a small order of fries. 
Do not eat at any time until you are svelte:

* Anything with "enriched flour"
* Anything with added sugar or artificial sweeteners
* Anything which is highly processed

I'd bet whatever currency is most stable right now this will work when followed for anyone with a "modern" country.
Hi everyone!
Thanks for the help.  :)

I will begin to watch my food intake.  I do know I have a habit to eat more than I probably should, so I'm starting there.  I'm also going to stick more or less to the food plan I make at the start of each week, and buy healthier snacks (yogurt, applesauce, etc) to cut down on badness. 

Penelope:  The place I'm at currently, I don't think, has any type of ... good grocery store.  Far as I can tell, Walmart and Save A Lot are all I have.  If, however I find those things, I'll try them. 

Iolanthe:  Typically I'll eat fish, various types of chicken, various types of ground beef, pasta, pancakes, and yogurt.  I do cook for myself, but sometimes I slack off and make the Hamburger Helper equivalent of a food.  I lost weight when I studied abroad and lived alone, but I'm guessing that was more due to physical movement and such than cooking habits. 

@Miss fluffy:  I'll be adding a lot more fruit to my diet immediately.  Do you have any recommendations for a healthy salad recipe?  I typically eat Chef Boyardee microwaveable mini cups, which aren't that bad (or so they look).  I do know I'm trying to get away from anything that comes in a shiny package.  :)

Amasimp:  I'm going to start drinking a lot more water.  I used to drink juice (well, I still do - love the stuff) and soda, but after reading a news article about VitaminWater (I used to love that stuff!), I've become disenchanted with the major corporations, and realized they have no concern for me, my health, or any product they actually make. 

Federal Judge John Gleeson (U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York), wrote, "At oral arguments, defendants (Coca-Cola) suggested that no consumer could reasonably be misled into thinking vitamin water was a healthy beverage.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/john-robbi...69716.html

I know, I know, it was dumb.  But still! 

JamieF:  I will start looking for that.  This is good, I think, too, because I can use the leftovers for lunch at work!  :)

Iolanthe again:  I don't like coffee.  Actually, I don't like any form of hot beverage.  My mouth is not scalded over.  :P

Jacfa:  OK.  :)

Dark lancer:  Already on top of it.  :)

Vetus:  Will do!  :)  Doesn't sound like a bad idea.  I suppose the Poor Souls can always use some help, eh?

Other CC:  Ok.  :) 

Basker, Peter, and Herr_M:  Ok.  I'll probably stay away from the high protein, but will start reducing intake. 

Thanks again all!  :)
Applesauce has a lot of sugar, so it's better to just eat apples. Sounds like you have a plan in motion though.  :)
No juice. No juice! So, so many calories -- so little nutrition. Try cold mint tea instead, with a spoonful of stevia if you crave sweetness.
I'm getting rid of everything else, but I'm keeping my applesauce and juice.  :)  Especially since I'm getting off the soda.  I can only take so much water.  :)
1,500 hundred calories a day.  You will lose weight, I guarantee it.  Doesn't really matter what kind of calories it is either.  Just count 'em and you're good to go.   :tiphat:

I mean, if you're living alone you really have no excuse.  If you don't buy it at the grocery store and bring it home, you can't eat it, now can you?  No, indeed you can't.
(08-10-2010, 07:29 PM)DrBombay Wrote: 1,500 hundred calories a day.  You will lose weight, I guarantee it.  Doesn't really matter what kind of calories it is either.  Just count 'em and you're good to go.   :tiphat:

I mean, if you're living alone you really have no excuse.  If you don't buy it at the grocery store and bring it home, you can't eat it, now can you?  No, indeed you can't.

True.  :)
If you get hungry and you've already eaten your allotted amount for the day then chew gum.