I'm getting too fat... :( Help?
Make sure everything you eat is HIGH in FIBER! it makes you feel fuller longer.
One more question...
How do I know I'm getting enough of the needed nutrition, and not lacking in important parts of a healthy diet?
(08-12-2010, 11:03 AM)CollegeCatholic Wrote: One more question...
How do I know I'm getting enough of the needed nutrition, and not lacking in important parts of a healthy diet?

Try the personalized pyramid plan? If you trust the government's nutritional guidelines, that is. I haven't done this myself, but I came across it the other night while looking at the website for my new favorite yogurt.
(08-12-2010, 03:40 PM)Penelope Wrote:

Try the personalized pyramid plan? If you trust the government's nutritional guidelines, that is. I haven't done this myself, but I came across it the other night while looking at the website for my new favorite yogurt.

I tried the personalized pyramid thing- it's nice.  Weight Watchers is good, too. 
(08-08-2010, 11:44 PM)CollegeCatholic Wrote: probably try some situps and pushups to do some physical exercise. 

All situps will do is build the muscle up under the fat, and you'll just feel like you're getting fatter.
Muscle training is for definition and toning, not for weight loss.
For weight loss, you want to purchase an aerobics fat-burning DVD. Do it at home, using it three times a week. The workout should be around half an hour. A long workout would be 45 minutes, but that includes warmup and cool down.
Burn the fat first, then think about muscle training.

(08-08-2010, 11:44 PM)CollegeCatholic Wrote: point me in the right direction of tasty, healthy food (that is halfway easy to cook), or recipes themselves.

Are you in America? If so, that's your main problem.
Because there is such an excess of corn, almost all food has corn syrup in it, and that's the killer.
Do you drink soda? Cut it out of your diet entirely. Never drink it.
You'll be amazed at the weight you lose by not drinking high-fructose corn syrup.
Basically, just remember what Dr. McCoy once said: "Eat right, and exercise!"
(08-11-2010, 12:11 PM)CanadianCatholic Wrote: Make sure everything you eat is HIGH in FIBER! it makes you feel fuller longer.

And has a sane glycemic index.
the best way to lose weight is to get married
after 8 years of daily fighting and doging plates and sharp objects
u will not only have your wits but be very agile too. plm is, its short sighted as now i don't have  a psycho to keep me on balls o me feet im losing the gains. and u  lose it quick  the older u get. be warned!
hard booze too.
2 shots of fine scotch in your mornin joe
2 shot in afternoot joe
3 shots in mid afternoon joe
u can change it around for need. 3 shots in the mornin is a good way to start the day just not important meetings well
sip
no no no!
start with 3 shots in your joe u seem to need it. better to dose high at beginning rather then later
u can squeez food in there if u must

In Japan, we call it "shiawase butori" or "happy fat", referring to the weight a man GAINS when he gets married.

The multi-vitamin and fish oil will cover that.  The human body only needs protein and fat to subsist.  Carbohydrates are useful, but not strictly necessary, and an excess of  those are mostly what made you fat. 

What is your height and weight by the way?