I'm getting too fat... :( Help?
(08-13-2010, 03:25 PM)PeterII Wrote:
(08-12-2010, 11:03 AM)CollegeCatholic Wrote: One more question...
How do I know I'm getting enough of the needed nutrition, and not lacking in important parts of a healthy diet?

The multi-vitamin and fish oil will cover that.  The human body only needs protein and fat to subsist.  Carbohydrates are useful, but not strictly necessary, and an excess of  those are mostly what made you fat. 

What is your height and weight by the way? 

5 ft 11.  Weight..  Probably in the 220 lbs range?  Maybe a bit higher. 
You get addicted to sugar.  Takes about 2 days to detox.  And you'll crave it when you are used to eating it.    Buy lean lunch meat, like turkey and ham.  Eat that for breakfast.  Throw in some fiber pills, vitamin, and fish oil.

For lunch eat a salad with meat and eggs.  You can also eat a sandwich.

For dinner, eat a can of tuna.

another trick is to boil up a bunch of eggs, so they are ready to snack on.  get an egg slicer too.

Yogurt tends to be full of sugar.  Applesauce also.

Don't drink anything but water and coffee.  If you must, drink a diet drink.  Most drinks are pure poison they have so much sugar in them.

Whole grain bread makes a decent snack when you are weaning off of carbs.  Almonds are real tasty too.

And the bad news, beer makes you fat.
(08-13-2010, 09:11 PM)James02 Wrote: And the bad news, beer makes you fat.

Protty
(08-13-2010, 06:26 PM)CollegeCatholic Wrote:
How do I know I'm getting enough of the needed nutrition, and not lacking in important parts of a healthy diet?

The multi-vitamin and fish oil will cover that.  The human body only needs protein and fat to subsist.  Carbohydrates are useful, but not strictly necessary, and an excess of  those are mostly what made you fat. 

5 ft 11.  Weight..  Probably in the 220 lbs range?   Maybe a bit higher. 

A colleague at work dropped 130lbs in the last year and a half to where he is 8% bodyfat now and ripped.  He trains 4 days a week and measures everything he eats on a scale so he can control his calories. 

johnstonefitness.com shows how fast you can transform your body if you put your mind to it:

[Image: john_wl_4_f.jpg]
Wow, that's... lame
ugh

the tyranny of fitness obsession...
(08-13-2010, 10:01 PM)Iuvenalis Wrote: Wow, that's... lame

Well, we can't all be as cool as the Fat Boys.  By the way, Buff Love died of a heart attack at 28 years old, weighing 450lbs.  
(08-13-2010, 10:31 PM)Domini Canis Wrote: ugh

the tyranny of fitness obsession...

@PeterII:  Thanks.  :)  I'm not looking to be *that* hardcore about it... I just want to be a little more slim.  If I could get back down to around 180 lbs, I'd be overjoyed.  :)

@DC:  See above.  :)  I'm no fitness nutter  :)  But you expats have it good.  I dropped weight like none other in Germany.  :)
(08-13-2010, 09:58 PM)PeterII Wrote:
(08-13-2010, 06:26 PM)CollegeCatholic Wrote:

5 ft 11.  Weight..  Probably in the 220 lbs range?   Maybe a bit higher. 

A colleague at work dropped 130lbs in the last year and a half to where he is 8% bodyfat now and ripped.  He trains 4 days a week and measures everything he eats on a scale so he can control his calories. 

johnstonefitness.com shows how fast you can transform your body if you put your mind to it:

[Image: john_wl_4_f.jpg]

Weight loss cancelled out by the melanoma producing tan and the poison bleach hair.  Meh....
(08-13-2010, 09:11 PM)James02 Wrote: If you must, drink a diet drink.  Most drinks are pure poison they have so much sugar in them.

I think everything James had to say was excellent advice except for this.  Don't do diet drinks.  Yeah, there's no sugar in them but the jury is still out on all the other crappy effects that artificial sweeteners can have on you.  I'm not going sit here and talk about how they will create massive tumors in your brain or anything, but it's unclear as to what effect they have on metabolism and weight loss.

I don't think there is anything wrong with sugar so long as it's in moderation and is natural.  Buy some 100% juice stuff and drink that when you get sick of water.  If you can afford it, juicers are best.  I know there are a lot of calories in juice, but if there is no added sugar then it is essentially like downing a few servings of fruit and that shouldn't really make one add on weight.