Creepy Pseudo-Trad Blog
(02-07-2011, 07:34 PM)m.PR Wrote: I ran into this blog some months ago, back when it had only about two pages of posts. I read them all, interested at first, but then left feeling disturbed.

A certain Oscar Wilde was greatly interested in liturgy, too. It's what drew him into the Catholic Church. It's a pity that the opposite seems to be happening with this boy.

Yes, Patricius' case is a tragic one. As I commented once on one of his articles, it truly shows the sheer diabolical brilliance of the devil to be able to turn something as essential and holy as a burning love for the liturgy into the impetus for apostasy. Pray for him.

(02-07-2011, 12:14 PM)spasiisochrani Wrote: From his latest blog entry:

My parents spent the weekend in Eastbourne (they have an apartment on the seafront), so on Saturday I invited my friend Nina round for tea. She brought round her Paris edition of Vogue and we both agreed that Hubert de Givenchy's standards are slipping vis his choice of models. It was too cold and windy to enjoy our tea on the terrace so we watched Mermaids indoors instead, and ordered Chinese food. Mermaids is my favourite non-Audrey Hepburn film of all time! I first saw it when I was a boy of about 11 or 12 years, and Charlotte Flax and I were so similar it's spooky! At one point she says ''Please God don't make me fall in love and want to do disgusting things;'' I remember uttering a similar petition when I first became aware of...the way I am.

That explains a lot, no?

was just going to point that out ! He appears to be batting for the pink team.
And then he said this :

"On the Lord's Day I went to a leading Anglo-Catholic church for Mass"

That settles it for me....the AC's are a notorious bunch of sodomites...
I'm sure he'll "fit right in" with the Anglo-catholics.
I think we can criticize (or not even bother talking about) this guy without making fun of him for potentially being a homosexual.  C'mon.
(02-07-2011, 10:59 PM)Habitual_Ritual Wrote: That settles it for me....the AC's are a notorious bunch of sodomites...

By that logic (guilt by association), you might as well say the whole Roman Catholic clergy are sodomites.

(And you'd probably be more accurate than this assessment of Anglo-Catholics, alas.)
(02-07-2011, 11:12 PM)The_Harlequin_King Wrote:
(02-07-2011, 10:59 PM)Habitual_Ritual Wrote: That settles it for me....the AC's are a notorious bunch of sodomites...

By that logic (guilt by association), you might as well say the whole Roman Catholic clergy are sodomites.

(And you'd probably be more accurate than this assessment of Anglo-Catholics, alas.)

More a case of guilt by association paired with thinly disguised innuendo.And the ACs have been notorious for being more or less an open haven for folk with such proclivities long before our own troubles.
The real point here is that it is hardly worth the time discussing the liturgical confusion of one so confused in a much more fundamental way...
I'm recanting somewhat...

This chap's posts are hilarious and well written.We need regular discourse on his particular brand of eccentricity.Some interesting points made throughout.His loathing of the cotta is too too funny.
(02-08-2011, 01:30 AM)Habitual_Ritual Wrote: I'm recanting somewhat...

This chap's posts are hilarious and well written.We need regular discourse on his particular brand of eccentricity.Some interesting points made throughout.His loathing of the cotta is too too funny.

That's the problem. He's obviously smart and witty, and he may have a valid point or two, no one can deny that, but he's using it for nefarious ends.
(02-08-2011, 11:15 AM)QuisUtDeus Wrote:
(02-08-2011, 01:30 AM)Habitual_Ritual Wrote: I'm recanting somewhat...

That's the problem. He's obviously smart and witty, and he may have a valid point or two, no one can deny that, but he's using it for nefarious ends.

Precisely. The more and more you read his posts, the more you realize that his zeal for liturgical studies is nowhere near in the service of the Church, but rather as an outlet to slake his own obsessions. This is certainly evident in his various posts dealing with his consortment with Eastern schismatics and the so-called "Anglo-catholic" Protestants. In addition he seems to have fomented a caricature of traditional Catholics that really has very little basis in reality at least in its entirety (Don Quixote and his windmills). I've yet to encounter anyone in traditional circles fondly reminiscing about returning to the 1950s or thinking that the liturgical upheaval, culminating in the Missal of Paul VI, happened in a weekend. 

Yes, he brings up numerous valid points of criticism, many of which I wholeheartedly sympathize with ... however the salient point here is that his studies and blogging of the liturgy have come to be of a pathological nature, are not in the service of Holy Mother Church and could very well prove to be the conduit for apostasy.