Creepy Pseudo-Trad Blog
Although I agree that the altar-stall picture's offensive, if this Patricius had his way, holy Mass would be a very rare thing indeed. That's not good, either. We need the graces too much.
Oh my Jesus, I surrender myself to you. Take care of everything.--Fr Dolindo Ruotolo

Persevere..Eucharist, Holy Rosary, Brown Scapular, Confession. You will win.
(02-09-2011, 01:59 PM)Jacafamala Wrote: Although I agree that the altar-stall picture's offensive

Why is it offensive? I'll admit it's certainly not the ideal, but we don't know the context. I've heard of such set-ups for many individual private masses at large gatherings of Priests for councils or lectures, clerical residences and of course seminaries and monasteries. I fail to see what sensibility this practice is "offending".
(02-09-2011, 04:06 PM)Joshua Wrote:
(02-09-2011, 01:59 PM)Jacafamala Wrote: Although I agree that the altar-stall picture's offensive

Why is it offensive? I'll admit it's certainly not the ideal, but we don't know the context. I've heard of such set-ups for many individual private masses at large gatherings of Priests for councils or lectures, clerical residences and of course seminaries and monasteries. I fail to see what sensibility this practice is "offending".

Well it's true, I have no idea of the context. But the look of it is so utilitarian. I don't like the look of it at all.
Oh my Jesus, I surrender myself to you. Take care of everything.--Fr Dolindo Ruotolo

I actually rather like the picture.
It makes me think of an assembly line. Like a factory. Mass shouldn't be that way.
[Image: Life.bmp]

(02-09-2011, 05:30 PM)Jacafamala Wrote: It makes me think of an assembly line. Like a factory. Mass shouldn't be that way.
And yet, according to many pre V II theologians you would receive the grace of hearing four Holy Masses were you present in that picture! :)
I don't know Jovan. You'd have to show me what Catechism refers to graces being obtained by the same person from four Masses going on simultaneously.

What is it? A seminary?   ???

I can see where perhaps it would make sense to have a few Masses going on at once, if a priest were to go on pilgrimage, (say for example to Rome) and wanted to say Mass at a side altar...

Here's a very old post from PTR about concelebration:

Quote:There is an excellent article in the Latin Mass Magazine about how con celebration of Mass has virtually ended the private Masses. The article is too long to post here but basically the author said that each Mass is said for the intention of the salvation of the entire world in addition to the intentions receive stipends for. The author pointed out that while each priest can con celebrate a Mass and offer their own intentions, the effect is just one Mass. He used the example is a Monastery where there were 12 priests.

If a priest says one Mass a day and it's con celebrated that would only be 365 Masses per year. But if each Priest said a private Mass in addition to the con celebrated Mass that would be 4,745 Masses in a year. Think of all the priests in religious Communities and how many Masses are not being said. And we wonder why there is so much sin in the world and why souls are being lost every day.

We need to bring back the practice of private Masses so the Church can save more souls. I wish I could find the article on line because it really is an excellent article.

I found this looking for the article on line.  If anyone has the article, please post it.
I the article I was looking for at this link:

http://pblosser.blogspot.com/2010/03/los...es-vs.html

This is the article by the original author.

Here is a great quote from that article:

Quote:As Venerable Pope Pius XII explained: “It cannot be overemphasized that the Eucharistic sacrifice of its very nature is the unbloody immolation of the divine Victim, which is made manifest in a mystical manner by the separation of the sacred species and by their oblation to the eternal Father.”2 Each and every Mass pours forth the fruits of the sacrifice of Calvary into the Church, for the inestimable benefit of all the faithful—for the release of souls in purgatory, for the honor of the saints in heaven, and for the perseverance of souls on earth—and ultimately for the salvation of the entire world.3 Therefore, objectively speaking, the more Masses celebrated, the better off the world is.

Please take the time to read the article.  I found it to be very informative and helpful.
(02-09-2011, 06:03 PM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(02-09-2011, 05:30 PM)Jacafamala Wrote: It makes me think of an assembly line. Like a factory. Mass shouldn't be that way.
And yet, according to many pre V II theologians you would receive the grace of hearing four Holy Masses were you present in that picture! :)

Ah, those were the days. No goofy Epistle babes. No goofy altar girls. No clown Masses. No B. S. period.