Wisconsin trads
Yeah, that's true. Wisconsinites tend to be very friendly about everything. But they draw the line at football. They made it even more stereotypically Wisconsin by couple be Catholic.
"Who wants to live in California? Winter in Wisconsin is the best seven months of the year!" ~ Dave Nelson, Newsradio
(08-17-2010, 06:52 PM)Louis_Martin Wrote: ??? Why would anyone leave the Great State of Wisconsin?
Okay, so we have two.  Might not be the coolest get-together.

This Mr. Martin, definitely THIS!!!
(04-30-2011, 12:21 PM)Lydia Grace Wrote:
(08-17-2010, 06:52 PM)Louis_Martin Wrote: ??? Why would anyone leave the Great State of Wisconsin?
Okay, so we have two.  Might not be the coolest get-together.

This Mr. Martin, definitely THIS!!!

In the name of love?
Being from Chicago we consider Wisconsin as an extension of Lincoln Park.  I like it. I've spent all four seasons there. Milwaukee reminds me of Chicago in the 50's, it's parochial and provincial. Madison is well, it's communist. The remainder of the state Eau Clare, Stevens Point, Prarie du Chien, Fondulac, and especially Campbellsport are all good. I loved fishing on the Castle Rock flowage, and throwing back a few cold ones late in the afternoon in a bar with the locals. My best adventure was on the Mississippi and finding a restaurant called the purple frog. We had been on the river for a week in big houseboat and had been bbqing everything. I don't know if it is still there but they had porterhouse steaks and martinis that were excellent.

tim