Guys, Help. Medjugorje?
Young Fogey wrote:" Garabandal in Spain was weird but they were sincere; when the Bishop of Santander said no they stopped, unlike these folks."  Not sure what exactly you meant by "they stopped"!  But they certainly obeyed Church directives. Why "weird"?  Unusual and extraordinary, I certainly agree. Medjugorje falls down dreadfully in respect of obedience.
(08-12-2010, 12:35 PM)adpatrem Wrote: I am waiting for official word from the Church on Medjugorje.  ...

You already got that: as I said, the Bishop of Mostar said NO. That's how these cases are handled, not by Rome. That trumps any such stories.

How was Garabandal weird? I understand the seers walked backwards in trances and had hosts appear from nowhere on their tongues. 'Stopped' = 'obeyed the bishop'.
I really wish I could remember where on the Internet I saw this, but a few years ago there was this priest with the Stigmata who was very pro-Medjugorje.  I was reading something about him and then got to the part where he endorsed Medjugorje and immediately alarm bells went off in my mind.
At least one person didn't click the links I provided... or didn't bother to read very closely.

Another quote then:

Ratzinger’s “frei erfunden”. In 1998, when a certain German gathered various statements which were supposedly made by the Pope and the Cardinal Prefect, and then forwarded them to the Vatican in the form of a memorandum, the Cardinal responded in writing on 22 July 1998: “The only thing I can say regarding statements on Medjugorje ascribed to the Holy Father and myself is that they are complete invention” – frei erfunden.

Ad limina visit 2006. During my official visit to the Holy Father Benedict XVI, I not only expressed my doubts but also my disbelief in the “apparitions” of Medjugorje. The Holy Father, who prior to his election was the Prefect of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, replied with this thought: “We at the Congregation always asked ourselves how a believer could possibly accept as authentic, apparitions that occur every day for so many years?”

(08-12-2010, 01:07 PM)youngfogey Wrote:
(08-12-2010, 12:35 PM)adpatrem Wrote: I am waiting for official word from the Church on Medjugorje.  ...

You already got that: as I said, the Bishop of Mostar said NO. That's how these cases are handled, not by Rome. That trumps any such stories.

How was Garabandal weird? I understand the seers walked backwards in trances and had hosts appear from nowhere on their tongues. 'Stopped' = 'obeyed the bishop'.

I wonder if good ol' Joey got those eyes he was promised yet. 
Here's a good blog that has information on what Bishop Peric said about Bayside of the Balkans:

http://unamsanctamcatholicam.blogspot.co...gorje.html

If you scroll down to the middle of the page on the right hand side, there is more information yet.
(08-12-2010, 12:35 PM)adpatrem Wrote: I am waiting for official word from the Church on Medjugorje.  I lived there for a time.  I have experienced many graces, no doubt.  But, I have many questions, too.  My biggest question is this:  if the Holy Father is against what is happening, why would this happen:

The Web portal of Radio Vatican reports in a text of July 21, 2007, that the Pope Benedict XVI, in Lorenzago di Cadore where he is staying until July 27, spent one hour in prayer in front of an image of Our Lady of Medjugorje.

Radio Vatican is saying that it was a very poignant moment.

„The Pope went to the small chapel in the forest and prayed in front of the image of Our Lady of Medjugorje. An interesting story is connected with this image: it was brought in the 80’s and was stolen. After some time, the thief brought it back to the small chapel. The Pope prayed the Rosary and spent there about one hour”, says the journalist of Radio Vatican.

Medjugorje never would have lasted a month if modern Catholics were at all educated about their faith.  It is amazing to me that people can read these "messages" that are quite clearly heretical and have any doubts at all.  There is that, and then the utter disobedience.  Either of these things is completely disqualifying as an authentic apparition.

^^^^^ In this video, Vicka the "seer" claims that Mary was going to drop the infant Jesus, and that's why she flinched when a man moved his hand quickly toward her eye, while she was in "ecstasy."

The man accompanying Vicka in the video is the nun-impregnating priest who the "apparition" defended as being innocent.

More:
http://marcocorvaglia.typepad.com/msm/20...pping.html <-- "I WAS AFRAID THAT THE INFANT JESUS WAS SLIPPING!"
http://en.louisbelanger.com/  <-- the researcher (in the video) Louis Bélanger's blog.

Take a look at some of the messages of "Mary" here:

http://www.olrl.org/prophecy/medjugorje.shtml

Hmm - she's a new age guru now, apparently.
The complete Michael Davies book can be read here:

http://www.mdaviesonmedj.com/