Refusing treatment from healthcare professionals of the opposite gender
(08-22-2010, 04:20 PM)Iolanthe Wrote:
(08-22-2010, 02:34 PM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote: I'll probably just die from a dermo disease rather than get treated by a female dermo.

I had a very hard time finding a dermatologist I liked, and now that I think about it they were all women until the one I stayed with. Dermatologists are weird anyway and in my experience don't seem to even try to solve problems but just prescribe, prescribe, prescribe. Maybe a male dermo will at least put on a show of knowing what he's talking about and pretending to care.

I prefer to have a woman doctor as a primary care physician, but otherwise I wouldn't necessarily care either way. I can see how men would prefer male doctors etc. but for women there's the added factor that for a painful or uncomfortable procedure (even something mild like getting your teeth cleaned or whatever) a man will often be more gentle with a woman than another woman would be. There's less of the "If it doesn't hurt me then it doesn't hurt you" attitude.

On the other hand you could have a male physician delivering your baby and saying things like "oh it's not that painful."

I suspect that any sane jury would move to acquit, though.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Refusing treatment from healthcare professionals of the opposite gender - by dark lancer - 08-22-2010, 09:45 PM