Liquor on the Rocks?
(08-19-2010, 08:10 PM)Iuvenalis Wrote: Bourbon's are good.

Bourbons are good.  They're a harder switch for a Canadian drinker though.

And what's with the merchant's apostrophe?  :)
Have you tried gin or rum on the rocks?  Those are sometimes a bit easier for a first drink.
Celtic Crossing is a rather sweet whiskey that is great to sip neat.

But I'm Polish by descent and entirely accustomed to a shot of morning vodka or some vino, so don't mind me (but I usually only have grape juice in the AM) ;D
(08-19-2010, 08:29 PM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote:
(08-19-2010, 08:10 PM)Iuvenalis Wrote: Bourbon's are good.

Bourbons are good.  They're a harder switch for a Canadian drinker though.

And what's with the merchant's apostrophe?  :)

Wow, I believe I rarely if ever do that, and you got me.
:laughing: I never do it either, but you caught my last apostrophial mistake.
(08-18-2010, 06:47 PM)3Sanctus Wrote: I'm a member of a group of Catholic drinking buddies (three guys who went to college together and the husband of one of our friends, a very classy group) that meets occasionally, but I believe I'm the only one who doesn't have much experience drinking liquor (and actually enjoying the liquor, lol).  I've been trying to drink Crown on the rocks once in a while to get used to drinking liquor.  Any suggestions?

I have gotten rather quickly to where I like Crown on the rocks (it takes me a solid hour to drink, which I guess is good) and wouldn't mind venturing out more, but I'm not so sure I'm ready for Scotch, lol.

Don't think that you have to take up drinking alcohol to make and keep friends.  If you just want a soda or some water, there's no reason for your buddies to look down on you for it.  If they do, then maybe they're not worth hanging around.
(08-19-2010, 11:38 PM)dark lancer Wrote: Don't think that you have to take up drinking alcohol to make and keep friends.  If you just want a soda or some water, there's no reason for your buddies to look down on you for it.  If they do, then maybe they're not worth hanging around.

You seem to misunderstand me.  These are very good, very Catholic friends of mine who are very classy.  I merely mean that I'm more of a beer drinker and some (one in particular) of my friends are rather keen on liquor.  When we go out together we all drink (in moderation) but I tend to stick to beer and sweeter drinks (mojitos are high on my list).  I'd like to start drinking some whiskey and such to get more into something my friends are into.  In no way are they bullies or anything of the sort.
(08-19-2010, 11:05 PM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote: :laughing: I never do it either, but you caught my last apostrophial mistake.

Did I?

So, you've been lying in wait...?
:pazzo:
(08-20-2010, 02:03 PM)Iuvenalis Wrote: So, you've been lying in wait...?

You say that as if we're supposed to have a life outside the Tank.  :P
(08-20-2010, 02:03 PM)Iuvenalis Wrote:
(08-19-2010, 11:05 PM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote: :laughing: I never do it either, but you caught my last apostrophial mistake.

Did I?

So, you've been lying in wait...?

:D