Top Five Beers
(09-29-2010, 10:38 PM)Walty Wrote: INPEFESS,

Have you ever had Smithwick's?

I have.
Yay for Boddington's!  :)

I love that beer, way too hard to find on tap in my area!  >:(

Just had the Legend Octoberfest last night - it was quite good!
(09-30-2010, 11:06 AM)3Sanctus Wrote: Yay for Boddington's!  :)

Not usually a fan of ales, but Boddington's has to be the best tasting ale I've ever tried.

:cheers:
(09-30-2010, 11:26 AM)INPEFESS Wrote:

Not usually a fan of ales, but Boddington's has to be the best tasting ale I've ever tried.

My neighborhood pub had Boddington's and ESB on tap when I started going there.  Unfortunately I seemed to be the only one drinking them and, therefore, they no longer carry either.  :(
(09-30-2010, 11:30 AM)3Sanctus Wrote:

My neighborhood pub had Boddington's and ESB on tap when I started going there.  Unfortunately I seemed to be the only one drinking them and, therefore, they no longer carry either.   :(

You must have been the only one in your neighborhood with good taste in beers.  :)
I'm not a huge beer drinker, but when I do (generally one on Friday night with a cigar, and sometimes one on Saturday or Sunday), I generally prefer something I can't see through (with the exception of Smithwicks, which is still fairly dark) and with lots of body.

I guess my top five, not necessarily in order, would be:

Long Trail Imperial Porter (way too expensive at about $5.50 for a pint and half, but a doggone good porter)
Murphy's Irish Stout
Guinness
Smithwicks
Otter Creek Stovepipe Porter (not as good as the Long Trail, but definitely tasty)

I also like Wolaver's Oatmeal Stout, and I'm extremely excited for February/March when Long Trail will be selling their Coffee Stout again.  Haven't had it yet, but it sounds like it's right up my alley.
[Image: 090217beer1.jpg]
(09-30-2010, 11:45 AM)INPEFESS Wrote:
(09-30-2010, 11:30 AM)3Sanctus Wrote:

My neighborhood pub had Boddington's and ESB on tap when I started going there.  Unfortunately I seemed to be the only one drinking them and, therefore, they no longer carry either.   :(

You must have been the only one in your neighborhood with good taste in beers.  :)

I like Boddington's too. I wish more non-stout beers were nitrogen infused.

Anyways, my top 5 are

Three Floyd's Behemoth
Delirium Tremens
Duvel
Whatever is bought for me
Whatever is free at a party
Anything Abita!!!!
Can someone point me to the beer garden...I'm supposed to meet Lisa there and I'm late...