The Great Pyramind of Egypt - What do you make of it
I remember learning in school about the accuracy and alignment of the Great Pyramid of Giza in Egypt and being baffled by how ancient people's could have measured things with such accuracy and known so much about the stars.

This video is made by American protestants I think but it contains some interesting ideas and observations about the Pyramid.

What do you think?  Were the pyramids designed, architected or even built with the help of some non-human intelligence?
I saw something on the History Channel or something like that earlier this summer that posited the Great Pyramid was built as a tomb for Adam.  The program basically said the Ancient Egyptian deities were the first humans, deified over time (Adam, Eve, Seth, etc.).
I think the ancient egyptians like most other civilizations had too much time on their hands when it wasn't harvest time, so they were like you know what would be cool, let's build these big triangle things in the desert to match the stars
Im going to stick with ancient alien theory myself.
I think we simply underestimate other civilizations.
I think the Egyptologists have the times all wrong for these Pyramids and the Sphinx are pre-flood. I further think it has something to do with the Lucifer's Angels and their marrying of  human women. Hancock and his geologist showed how the time was all off on their construction. They put the Sphinx construction some where before 10,500 BC
when the Sahara was fertile and had rain to cause the erosion that is plainly seen at it's posterior end. This stuff is very curious, and a great mystery.
tim
timoose, how would an angel marry and/or have sex with a human woman?  Speculate as to the process by which an angel might take bodily form and why the flood would have stopped a supernatural intelligencee from being able to repeat that.

I'm not suggest they did not.  The Bible and the book of Enoch both suggest that such a thing happened pre-flood, but I am interested as to how, by which processes, it might have happened.
The Egyptians saw little rain and few clouds.  They did not have great electric-powered cities to blot out the sky each night.  They had a couple thousand years to look up and think about the stars.  I'm sure there was some nerd who went out for a stroll one night after playing senet and drinking beer, looked up, and thought "you know I should write those down."

Consider also that the Egyptians were always making large tombs to honor individuals.  They didn't start out with plunking down pyramids, they built mastaba tombs out of brick which got steadily bigger until someone said "hey this dead guy was super awesome, let's try honoring his life and ascension to godhood by stacking mastabas on top of each other!"  So they did and developed stepped pyramids.  Not all of their pyramids were successful and many collapsed too.

Now think: it took many years to build one mastaba or pyramid.  Many were built, and they all required highly skilled professionals which the Egyptians were capable of training.  Those engineers were able to refine tools and techniques over the course of centuries, and as engineers dreamed and became more confident in their abilities as the experiences of their predecessors were handed down to them, they started to make bigger and more perfect pyramids.
Ggreg I ain't sure but it has stuck in my mind that some how it would work. I think Angels are spirits but they with the permission of God can taken bodies. I'm thinking here Raphael and the fish and the Tobias. If God sent them to visit in a body and to partake of human food, why not allow them to have the correct anatomical member to do the deed. God allowed Satan to harass Job without mercy. Why would He not allow the other fallen angels for what ever type of test, take women for mates.

This is a little bit off the main part, but Hancock has said that many of these ancient cultures talk of being instructed by higher beings instructing them in human sacrifice. He then relates where many then are visited by different higher beings and are told to stop it. This was specific to ancient American cultures in their mythologies which are usually accounted as pre- flood. Hancock's main thesis is that all ancient cultures contain a flood "myth" of some sort, leading him to conclude it was a universal event.

There is this curiosity in the Tower of Babel God says let us  go down to confuse them. Who is us ? There is also the part about Satan on his rounds of the Earth and speaking to God about Job. Why is Satan allowed to roam the earth ? Then prior to the flood were there many other fallen Angels allowed to roam around the earth ?

It's not a very complete speculation but it makes me wonder from time to time. I think there was more going on than we are allowed to know, because it is not necessary for us to know. I just wonder ?
tim
(08-31-2010, 11:32 AM)ggreg Wrote: timoose, how would an angel marry and/or have sex with a human woman?  Speculate as to the process by which an angel might take bodily form and why the flood would have stopped a supernatural intelligencee from being able to repeat that.

I'm not suggest they did not.  The Bible and the book of Enoch both suggest that such a thing happened pre-flood, but I am interested as to how, by which processes, it might have happened.

Looking for love?