The Great Pyramind of Egypt - What do you make of it
(08-31-2010, 12:32 PM)timoose Wrote: Ggreg I ain't sure but it has stuck in my mind that some how it would work. I think Angels are spirits but they with the permission of God can taken bodies. I'm thinking here Raphael and the fish and the Tobias. If God sent them to visit in a body and to partake of human food, why not allow them to have the correct anatomical member to do the deed. God allowed Satan to harass Job without mercy. Why would He not allow the other fallen angels for what ever type of test, take women for mates.

This is a little bit off the main part, but Hancock has said that many of these ancient cultures talk of being instructed by higher beings instructing them in human sacrifice. He then relates where many then are visited by different higher beings and are told to stop it. This was specific to ancient American cultures in their mythologies which are usually accounted as pre- flood. Hancock's main thesis is that all ancient cultures contain a flood "myth" of some sort, leading him to conclude it was a universal event.

There is this curiosity in the Tower of Babel God says let us   go down to confuse them. Who is us ? There is also the part about Satan on his rounds of the Earth and speaking to God about Job. Why is Satan allowed to roam the earth ? Then prior to the flood were there many other fallen Angels allowed to roam around the earth ?

It's not a very complete speculation but it makes me wonder from time to time. I think there was more going on than we are allowed to know, because it is not necessary for us to know. I just wonder ?
tim

God was using the royal we.
I think it was a Jewish conspiracy.

Peter the reason you think it is a Jewish conspiracy is Glenn Beck. ;D
tim
Dark Lancer some commenters attribute the plural of "El", in Genesis, the "Elohim" as an allusion to the Trinity. I don't know the "we" that was used at the Tower of Babel.
tim
(08-31-2010, 02:47 PM)timoose Wrote: Dark Lancer some commenters attribute the plural of "El", in Genesis, the "Elohim" as an allusion to the Trinity. I don't know the "we" that was used at the Tower of Babel.
tim

Well I only had CCD as a kid, no one taught me Biblical languages, and my diocese won't send me to a seminary.  I'm probably not going to have any knowledge of that.
Dark Lancer if you hang around here you'll get some of that very thing. Why don't you learn Latin as a start ? Lots of books are available and then you'll have the official language of the Church and you'll get a little more depth from reading the Bible. There are threads on this subject here where tons of folks have given good advice and the names of very good books that will teach someone to grasp Latin. Breeze through the forum on the subject.
tim
Herodotus says that he talked to the priests when he visited Egypte and they told him how long it took to build the pyramids, when they were built and so on.  According to the priests, the largest pyramid took 3 years to build.

There's  term in Egyptology, pyramidiot, used to describe people whose sole interest in Egypt surrounds and is restricted to, Pyramids, and the pseudo-religious sentiment surrounding them.

(08-31-2010, 03:15 PM)Augstine Baker Wrote: Herodotus says that he talked to the priests when he visited Egypte and they told him how long it took to build the pyramids, when they were built and so on.  According to the priests, the largest pyramid took 3 years to build.

There's  term in Egyptology, pyramidiot, used to describe people whose sole interest in Egypt surrounds and is restricted to, Pyramids, and the pseudo-religious sentiment surrounding them.

When you have a structured, orderly society centered on the inundation of the Nile and obedience to the god-king, a lot can get accomplished in three years' time.
Space aliens. DEFINITELY space aliens.

The Pharao was a God for the Egyptians, when you have such control over a society of bronze age farmers who have lots of free time, you can build great things.