Poll: Is it sinful for a Catholic to get a tattoo?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Tattoos
(10-10-2010, 01:35 AM)piabee Wrote:
(10-10-2010, 01:32 AM)dark lancer Wrote:
(10-10-2010, 01:30 AM)piabee Wrote:
(10-10-2010, 01:29 AM)dark lancer Wrote: Because if you really have to follow a fad, at least you won't regret it twenty years later.

So you're saying that getting a tattoo isn't necessarily sinful?

Temporary tattoos do not involve scarring and mutilating the body and have a lesser folly factor than permanent tattooing.

I thought your main argument was vanity.

Always bring two guns to a gunfight.
(10-10-2010, 01:36 AM)dark lancer Wrote: Always bring two guns to a gunfight.

Well, at least there's a smidgen of sense in you, but I'll bet you think guns are sinful, too.
(10-10-2010, 01:36 AM)dark lancer Wrote:
(10-10-2010, 01:35 AM)piabee Wrote:
(10-10-2010, 01:32 AM)dark lancer Wrote:
(10-10-2010, 01:30 AM)piabee Wrote:
(10-10-2010, 01:29 AM)dark lancer Wrote: Because if you really have to follow a fad, at least you won't regret it twenty years later.

So you're saying that getting a tattoo isn't necessarily sinful?

Temporary tattoos do not involve scarring and mutilating the body and have a lesser folly factor than permanent tattooing.

I thought your main argument was vanity.

Always bring two guns to a gunfight.

If tattoos are a sin of vanity then people shouldn't get temporary ones, either.

Don't forget your Kevlar.
(10-10-2010, 01:42 AM)piabee Wrote: Don't forget your Kevlar.

and that all incoming has right of way.
(10-10-2010, 01:40 AM)Texican Wrote:
(10-10-2010, 01:36 AM)dark lancer Wrote: Always bring two guns to a gunfight.

Well, at least there's a smidgen of sense in you, but I'll bet you think guns are sinful, too.

It's the intent of the person using the gun that determines sin.  A cold-blooded murderer commits a sin, but a police officer who is forced to shoot someone before they shoot someone else is probably not sinning.
I thought it was those Eeeeevvvvillllll hollow-point bullets.
(10-10-2010, 01:46 AM)Texican Wrote: I thought it was those Eeeeevvvvillllll hollow-point bullets.

You are again--and as is becoming typical of you--diverting this thread for your own purposes.
You anti-tat people still have not made the argument...you are become more unimpressive by the minute....and actually no, the tattoo phenomenon in the West ahs not much of anything to do with vanity...it has to do with a real social ill of which it is a symptom...just as much as X-games is a symptom to the same social ill.
So who says good does not come from bad...the X-games rock despite the social ill fro which they eminate....and no...not everyone who rides in the x-games or gets a tattoo is a victim of this scurage...but many many many are, and their move to do something different has nothing to do with vanity or evil...

can you guess the social ill?

can you make the real argument against tattoos? (but like I said...be careful putting too much stock in it since I already have the answer.)
(10-10-2010, 02:23 AM)Scipio_a Wrote: You anti-tat people still have not made the argument...you are become more unimpressive by the minute....and actually no, the tattoo phenomenon in the West ahs not much of anything to do with vanity...it has to do with a real social ill of which it is a symptom...just as much as X-games is a symptom to the same social ill.
So who says good does not come from bad...the X-games rock despite the social ill fro which they eminate....and no...not everyone who rides in the x-games or gets a tattoo is a victim of this scurage...but many many many are, and their move to do something different has nothing to do with vanity or evil...

can you make the real argument against tattoos? (but like I said...be careful putting too much stock in it since I already have the answer.)

As you have demonstrated with every issue you are involved in, you believe that any opinion which conflicts with yours is automatically wrong and invalid.  Why should I bother answering you?
(10-10-2010, 02:34 AM)dark lancer Wrote:
(10-10-2010, 02:23 AM)Scipio_a Wrote: You anti-tat people still have not made the argument...you are become more unimpressive by the minute....and actually no, the tattoo phenomenon in the West ahs not much of anything to do with vanity...it has to do with a real social ill of which it is a symptom...just as much as X-games is a symptom to the same social ill.

As you have demonstrated with every issue you are involved in, you believe that any opinion which conflicts with yours is automatically wrong and invalid.  Why should I bother answering you?

Generlly that is because I am not working from opinion...as the anti-tatters are here...they are working of of opinion.  I work off of facts and logic.  I have indicated that there is a legitimate reason to be against tattoos generally...if one of you were to post it, I would have to admit that you had a point...not on TWO forums...has a single anti-tatter posted the substanial argumanent against... when it is finally (if ever done, I will congratulate the poster and present the mitigating argument while admiting that the argument against is valid and should figure into our disicions when we are aware of it)

but as you can see, just by looking through this thread and the one on the other forum....there are not many floks...that know the argument against tattos....at least of the folks that have looked at the thread and care enough to post.