Poll: Is it sinful for a Catholic to get a tattoo?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Tattoos
(10-10-2010, 12:11 PM)ruralpeace Wrote: "People are nuts because they do not agree with my personal opinion why Caholics (in a traditional sense...LOL) would want a tattoo these days?"

Scipio a:

You are the one calling people nuts. Not I.

You, who call St. Pio a kook? Whatever facts, "logic" or answers you possess.... I have no interest in. In the grand scheme of things, tattoos will not get us to Heaven. No matter the "times". Not certain calling St. Pio "a  kook" will get someone Home, either.  Just an opinion, of course. I just don't see the logic on calling a Saint a kook. A bit risky, methinks... But I don't want to derail the thread.

"Learn of me, because I am meek, and humble of heart." Matthew 14:29 

+JMJ+

Plenty of Saints have been kooky...no reason to not admit it, no risk at all...I did not say you were calling people nuts...reread...

Lots of things don't get us to Heavan...or take us away from it...like eating hamburgers or riding our bikes off road...or tattoos.
[Image: twinkie.jpg]

the cherry is unneceessary
(10-10-2010, 04:16 PM)Dust Wrote: If tattoos are sinful because of vanity, temporary tattoos are worse.  They are inherently about attracting attention since they are placed on the skin long enough to get the attention, then gone before they become something the person has to live with.  A real tattoo at least is a serious lifelong decision.

This is just silly...temoprary tattos are a lot like clip on earings...easy to change...like a pair of socks or a tie...all of which are used to draw attention...socks excluded typically.

And Tattoos...as I pointed out above...rarely have anything to do with vanity...I'm still waiting to see if the anti-tatters can figure out the cause...
I finally got my first tattoo.  Rose surprised me with buying me one for Xmas.  I'll post up a pic tomorrow when the bandage is off.
(10-11-2010, 12:52 AM)Scipio_a Wrote: Lots of things don't get us to Heavan...or take us away from it...like eating hamburgers or riding our bikes off road...or tattoos.

Tsk, tsk.  I believe a Doctor of the Church begs to differ:

St. Augustine, De Doctrina Christiana, 1.36.41: Wrote:But he is to be corrected and shown that it is more useful not to leave the road, lest the habit of deviating force him to take a crossroad or a perverse way.

:P
(12-18-2010, 12:24 AM)Walty Wrote: I finally got my first tattoo.  Rose surprised me with buying me one for Xmas.  I'll post up a pic tomorrow when the bandage is off.
Okay, she's a keeper.
;D
(12-18-2010, 01:17 AM)EcceQuamBonum Wrote:
(10-11-2010, 12:52 AM)Scipio_a Wrote: Lots of things don't get us to Heavan...or take us away from it...like eating hamburgers or riding our bikes off road...or tattoos.

St. Augustine, De Doctrina Christiana, 1.36.41: Wrote:But he is to be corrected and shown that it is more useful not to leave the road, lest the habit of deviating force him to take a crossroad or a perverse way.

But what would the good Doctor say about dirt bike trails?
(12-19-2010, 10:28 PM)Dust Wrote:
(12-18-2010, 01:17 AM)EcceQuamBonum Wrote:

But what would the good Doctor say about dirt bike trails?

Now, this is a real theological quandary.  Maybe St. Thomas took up the issue in the Summa?  :P
Look forward to seeing it walty! I have a number of tats actually done on me from different ex's and no shame or regrets
lol
well that Jew was a bt to much
cough
the best thing about that one is a Jew drew it and attooed it on me lol one of those neat querks in life
anyway
sip sip
[Image: a073926f.jpg]