Think we'll get to see our favorite celebs when we die..since we all die?
OP, are you like, really, 12?  For real?
(09-10-2010, 11:42 PM)dymphna17 Wrote: OP, are you like, really, 12?  For real?

20 and terrified of being unpopular, I guess.
O_O I actually don't fall in the definition of popular either! No...the thread was not a joke, I was honestly wondering. Thanks for the heads up FHM, although Mary is already one of my many role models alongside Ange, Mother Theresa and a few of the saints...Don Bosco, St. David, and St. Patrick :)
The bvm u put along side angolina jollie?
Christ have mercy!!!!!!
U do realize how insulting and disrespectfull you are being to the bvm dont  you?
Given your clear obsession with Miss Jolie I feel reasonably sure that the justice of God will sit you between her and Brad Pitt for all eternity.
(09-11-2010, 04:45 AM)Pomprincess Wrote: O_O I actually don't fall in the definition of popular either! No...the thread was not a joke, I was honestly wondering. Thanks for the heads up FHM, although Mary is already one of my many role models alongside Ange, Mother Theresa and a few of the saints...Don Bosco, St. David, and St. Patrick :)

You are kidding I hope.

She admitted to sexual relationships with other women, and freely admits to the possibility of "loving" and lusting after other women now.

She gives, if anything, out of her abundance. It is nothing to her. It is a photo opportunity with security.

She has Yantra witchcraft tattooed on her body.

She has said this (http://www.avclub.com/articles/is-there-a-god,1394/):

Quote:Angelina Jolie: Hmm... For some people. I hope so, for them. For the people who believe in it, I hope so. There doesn't need to be a God for me. There's something in people that's spiritual, that's godlike. I don't feel like doing things just because people say things, but I also don't really know if it's better to just not believe in anything, either.

So, she publicly and currently has lust after strange flesh, writings from strange gods on her body and denial of God.

Her "good" works are trivial compared to what she has.

Just what is there to admire in her?

She's not going to respond to anything meaningful.  She ignored the posts in her "Does Hell Exist?" thread.
(09-11-2010, 10:47 AM)ggreg Wrote: Given your clear obsession with Miss Jolie I feel reasonably sure that the justice of God will sit you between her and Brad Pitt for all eternity.

OH NO YOU DINT!!!!!!
(09-11-2010, 10:47 AM)ggreg Wrote: Given your clear obsession with Miss Jolie I feel reasonably sure that the justice of God will sit you between her and Brad Pitt for all eternity.

Well I wouldn't be the only one  :laughing: there are so many around the world that like her! BVM....what's that?  ??? and what does OP mean?  ??? How did I get that title of OP? O_O.....feel so confuzzled now....:(
To the OP - in seriousness - you should listen to the warnings you are given here.  I know you are young but your Catholic faith is far off-track.

Please abandon Ms. Jolie as a roll model.  She is, in fact, an apostate and a hardened sinner of the worst kind.  Her being counted among the elect would be a true miracle (although we could not rule it out) - but in any case a role-model is obviously someone admires for their *words* and *actions*.

Good works toward man meaning nothing for the soul not in a state of grace.  They are not efficacious for that soul.  Furthermore, by no means are Ms. Jolie's works extremely substantial or admirable, really.  As was said, she gives comparatively little given her vast wealth - and vast free time.

It would also not be overly cynical to suggest her actions are geared toward her need to be admired and for her "image".  We can't read hearts, but she is obviously a person who loves the approval of the world.  The world still admires those who help others, and it is, of course, and admirable thing, but there are all these qualifications in this case.

Chastity appropriate to one's state in life is an absolutely necessary component of holiness.  Ms. Jolie is not holy, and does not seek to be holy.  She does not even feign any appearance of that and she should be pitied, not admired, by Christians.