Think we'll get to see our favorite celebs when we die..since we all die?
(09-11-2010, 02:16 PM)Pomprincess Wrote: Clearly she does not "lust" after other women, she only admitted she was bi and that she could easily fall in love with everyone.
...and have sexual relations because of that "love".

Quote:There were only a "few" people she was ever in a relationship with. Johnny Lee Miller...they were too young when they got married thats why she broke with him, Billy of course and they found out they were better as friends. Now Brad Pitt...her "life partner" unless her kids tell her to get married. Then okay she was with that one Asian model for a little bit, although they did not marry.
This few is quite a crowd ;)

Quote: Also Yantra is the belief that one can come back in an animal form, heck I've always thought that perhaps it is possible after seeing the movie "Fluke" about a guy who gets married in a church, dies in a car crash and comes back as a dog. She does not believe in Yantra, she got that tat for her son Madd since it is in his language.
That is silly. Yantra as you just described is a false religious belief. Also, you just called her a total idiot. I mean, would you find it logical to get a tattoo just because of the language? If my mother had a tattoo of "Tá m'árthach foluaineach lán d'eascanna." just because it is in "my language" (heritage wise), I would think she is a total moron.

Your defence of her is quite illogical.

Quote: I remember reading that. Also if you want proof she cares deeply: 
Please explain it to me as I cannot watch it now.

I know she "visits" those in trouble. The saints lived with those in need and gave all they had.

Quote:You can tell when she really is deeply moved and cares for something....
Who cares what she feels?

Quote:those very deep crease marks in her forehead that come over her, and her look.
OMG! A saint! C'mon. She's an actress...hopefully she has control over her expression. Also, this does not matter. Her actions are what matter. Are her actions that good? If no one knew her name, no one took a picture or a video and no one wrote about it, would she actually be notable in the world?

Quote: As well, she does not wear much makeup and she clearly has a respect for the other cultures, which is something you don't see much from celebs...she looks very human in the interviews..
Well, in this case, violating the "culture" in Pakistan, especially in some of the more rural areas, could get one killed. A prostitute from the UK would also give an appearance of "respect" and modesty when visiting Pakistan.

And yes, you do see this in celebs. I saw a picture of Leno working on his car's engine on the street after a break down (from the heat, vintage car). He was wearing plain denim clothing and no makeup.

Also, I didn't write anything about this aspect of her... you glossed over my actual objections to admiring her so greatly and started addressing other things.

Quote:She wants to clearly be remembered this way and I think she will be...its nice to see her in veils and things. :)
Yes, she cares about how others will remember her, not what she actually does. Quick, who was  Francis Solano and what did he do?

You don't know? Well, look him up. Now compare her to your idol .

It is not nice to see her following the law of foreign nations any more than not seeing her speeding.

Quote:She has no bodyguards either when she goes to those places, she smply goes herself.
What about the cameraman? And yes, she does have body guards, they are just not in the interviews (which, they usually aren't).

She does not book a flight to some disaster area and make her way there to help people. It is a planned control trip with security. Eminem does not go to the MTV Awards show without flanking body guards. A rich, female celebrity probably has quite a crew when she goes to foreign nations with little law.

She visited Pakistan. Does she speak Urdu? (I do, at least, enough for conversation). Does she live there? Did she build anything? Did she teach anything?

No, she is supposed to raise "awareness" using her fame. That is what they do. It is not a bad thing, but it is very far from the people who actually do things.
Actually....its not infatuation going on with me :) I also don't have many sigs anymore....I admit I had a bit much... :laughing: hmm...last time I checked yeah she did use her fame to try to get people to help the cause, however she does help herself. Ange donated one third of her money to all of the places she goes too and that doesn't count that her and Brad made a couple of charities.  I don't think she's an idiot for getting a tattoo of a prayer in her son's language...I think thats actually cool. Also, I've looked up to her since the Tomb Raider movies so for a long time now. I am determined and focused to workout because of her, she keeps that determination in me. God guides me, and so do all the saints.  :o she was only with three people before Brad...Brad is only her fourth...thats not a lot actually :) at least I don't think so. Four is not bad....hey sometimes four times is a charm XD...not just three. I know for a lot of things it takes me four times before I get it.

I have a lot of "Holy role-models" though too....so I don't get people say I should look to them more when I look to them quite a bit. As well for the rosary...I always need one of those cards on me whenever I pray the rosary because I was never taught how to pray the rosary...neither were my friends. They never taught us in our Catholic highschool or Catholic middle school *sighs* I think we honestly missed a lot and were not taught as much in Catholic school as we should have. They always had to watch for guys grinding at school dances for highschool dances because they would allow us to dance to hip-hop. Hip-hop as a consequence I do enjoy listening too, although I myself do not consider it to be my favorite music except for a few songs. A lot of the guys at my catholic high school were into the hip hop, one actually became a rapper  :laughing: :) a few others still dress that way and we're all about 20.
(09-12-2010, 04:43 AM)Pomprincess Wrote: Ange donated one third of her money to all of the places she goes too and that doesn't count that her and Brad made a couple of charities. 

How do you know she does this?

Quote:And Jesus sitting over against the treasury, beheld how the people cast money into the treasury, and many that were rich cast in much. [42] And there came a certain poor widow, and she cast in two mites, which make a farthing. [43] And calling his disciples together, he saith to them: Amen I say to you, this poor widow hath cast in more than all they who have cast into the treasury. [44] For all they did cast in of their abundance; but she of her want cast in all she had, even her whole living.

Quote:Take heed that you do not your justice before men, to be seen by them: otherwise you shall not have a reward of your Father who is in heaven. [2] Therefore when thou dost an almsdeed, sound not a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may be honoured by men. Amen I say to you, they have received their reward. [3] But when thou dost alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doth. [4] That thy alms may be in secret, and thy Father who seeth in secret will repay thee. [5] And when ye pray, you shall not be as the hypocrites, that love to stand and pray in the synagogues and corners of the streets, that they may be seen by men: Amen I say to you, they have received their reward.

Quote: I don't think she's an idiot for getting a tattoo of a prayer in her son's language...I think thats actually cool.
Does her son speak and read the language involved?

Quote:I have a lot of "Holy role-models" though too....so I don't get people say I should look to them more when I look to them quite a bit. As well for the rosary...I always need one of those cards on me whenever I pray the rosary because I was never taught how to pray the rosary...neither were my friends. They never taught us in our Catholic highschool or Catholic middle school *sighs* I think we honestly missed a lot and were not taught as much in Catholic school as we should have. They always had to watch for guys grinding at school dances for highschool dances because they would allow us to dance to hip-hop. Hip-hop as a consequence I do enjoy listening too, although I myself do not consider it to be my favorite music except for a few songs. A lot of the guys at my catholic high school were into the hip hop, one actually became a rapper  :laughing: :) a few others still dress that way and we're all about 20.

You know, I wasn't actually taught to pray the rosary either ;)

Jolie's lips are suuuuper gross. 

Blech.
@Herr her son Madd actually does speak the language, that cute little boy  ;), she makes sure her children retain their language...she actually still has them keep up speaking their mother language which is good for them...since they will never forget where they come from. Pax, and Zahara...:).  I know she does that with her money, they even have it on imdb  :laughing:.

Nice quote though....hmm...reminds me I should not go around bragging after I give a dollar or two to homeless people *bangs head.*

@College Catholic LOLZ  :laughing: her lips are pretty big like her father's though...Jon Voight has big lips!  :laughing:...I think they look pretty luscious to myself that is  :laughing:  ;D  ;)  :pazzo:......I'm a bit of a spazz sometimes  :laughing:....all in all I think we'd see our favorite celebs...I've still got many others besides Ange XD....I hope to write a indie(independent) screenplay and get Ange in meh indie movie :)....I think I'll get to writing one on vampires  :P....and not the sparkly ugly bleck ones...but Dracula style...and with a lead female vamp who kicks butt :)
I can't tell whether she's a troll or not.
(09-12-2010, 02:08 PM)Walty Wrote: I can't tell whether she's a troll or not.

I'm somewhere in between being one and not thats why  :laughing: I haven't completely lost it.... :laughing:...gimme a break I'm only 20!  ;D
(09-10-2010, 02:21 PM)Pomprincess Wrote: John Edward--not the politician dude...brought it up that he thought yes we would when one of his fans on his shows asked him. So I was wonderin what others thought? I think I agree with John about his yes statement. I mean we all die eventually so I think that we do. :)

The pitiful gods of neopagan emptiness: Celebrities.
If a person is in the state of mortal sin, and Jolie objectively is, her works and alms are empty. Being chaste is the pre-condition for good works. Our Lord many times said gird up your loins and let your light shine forth. The girding of the loins means being chaste, no divorces, no thinking bisexual thoughts, no screwing others, etc. Then you can let your light shine forth. That is your good works and your alms. In the state of mortal sin, which she admits she is in, she is not just a switch hitter, she is on the other side.
tim
(09-12-2010, 02:13 PM)Pomprincess Wrote:
(09-12-2010, 02:08 PM)Walty Wrote: I can't tell whether she's a troll or not.

I'm somewhere in between being one and not thats why  :laughing: I haven't completely lost it.... :laughing:...gimme a break I'm only 20!  ;D

Ah yes, the modern concept of the eternal child.

You are an adult like any other. You have the exact same responsibilities and we have the exact same expectations of someone twice your age.