Vatican II Documentary?
(09-14-2010, 05:03 PM)SouthpawLink Wrote:
(09-14-2010, 03:50 PM)Jitpring Wrote: I'm looking for a good documentary on Vatican II and its vandalism. I'm not looking for anything from freaks like the Brothers Dimond. Thanks.

The two most scholarly works that I'm aware of are The Rhine Flows into the Tiber, by Rev. Ralph Wiltgen*, and Iota Unum: A Study of Changes in the Catholic Church in the Twentieth Century, by Romano Amerio**.

* -- $18 at TAN Books
** - $24 at Angelus Press

Add to that the works by Michael Davies, including  "Pope John's Council" and the continuing works by Atila Sinke Guimareas  "In the Murky Waters of Vatican II"  "Desire to Destroy vols 1 and 2"  "Desire to Offend vol 1" "Will He Find Faith?" and "Ecclesia" 
If anyone is aware of a higher quality documentary than the one already suggested, please let me know.
(09-14-2010, 09:53 PM)Jitpring Wrote: If anyone is aware of a higher quality documentary than the one already suggested, please let me know.

Can you set some parameters of what you mean by "quality" or "higher quality"?  Are you talking better production values or a different narrative or film quality? 
(09-14-2010, 11:54 PM)Gerard Wrote:
(09-14-2010, 09:53 PM)Jitpring Wrote: If anyone is aware of a higher quality documentary than the one already suggested, please let me know.

Can you set some parameters of what you mean by "quality" or "higher quality"?   Are you talking better production values or a different narrative or film quality? 

Better production values, film quality, and newer if possible.
(09-14-2010, 09:30 PM)Gerard Wrote:
(09-14-2010, 05:03 PM)SouthpawLink Wrote:
(09-14-2010, 03:50 PM)Jitpring Wrote: I'm looking for a good documentary on Vatican II and its vandalism. I'm not looking for anything from freaks like the Brothers Dimond. Thanks.

The two most scholarly works that I'm aware of are The Rhine Flows into the Tiber, by Rev. Ralph Wiltgen*, and Iota Unum: A Study of Changes in the Catholic Church in the Twentieth Century, by Romano Amerio**.

* -- $18 at TAN Books
** - $24 at Angelus Press

Add to that the works by Michael Davies, including  "Pope John's Council" and the continuing works by Atila Sinke Guimareas  "In the Murky Waters of Vatican II"  "Desire to Destroy vols 1 and 2"  "Desire to Offend vol 1" "Will He Find Faith?" and "Ecclesia" 

What thoroughly exact titles for the topic.  When researchers of the polyphonic music of Leonin and Perotin finally located the last old church in Europe that had still used it, and they asked the pastor why it had been discontinued, he rolled his eyes and said "Oh, that outdated stuff!?"

DESTROYERS.
(09-15-2010, 12:04 AM)Jitpring Wrote:
(09-14-2010, 11:54 PM)Gerard Wrote:

Can you set some parameters of what you mean by "quality" or "higher quality"?   Are you talking better production values or a different narrative or film quality? 

Better production values, film quality, and newer if possible.

The closest thing you can hope for is possibly the new film about Archbishop LeFebvre but there's nothing that I know of that specifically deals with Vatican II and the destruction it caused. 

Michael Voris'  "Weapons of Mass Destruction" focuses on the suppression of the TLM and the Frankenstein-like production of the Novus Ordo but that's all I can think of.

One of the best accounts of V2 and it's foretold aftermathg is in ABL's writings about the council.

http://www.angeluspress.org/oscatalog/it...he-council
(09-14-2010, 04:05 PM)Gerard Wrote: Do you mean something like "What We Have Lost...and the Road to Restoration."  ? 

#

I remember the first time I watched that video - nearly brought me to tears...
Gerard Wrote:Do you mean something like "What We Have Lost...and the Road to Restoration."  ? 

No. Jitpring was looking for a good documentary. What We Have Lost is shoddy in its presentation. It presents on the one hand the most extreme abuses in the revised liturgy as being par for the course. On the other hand the film makes it seem as if every Mass was a High Mass attended by well catechized Christians.
(09-15-2010, 07:50 AM)Credo Wrote:
Gerard Wrote:Do you mean something like "What We Have Lost...and the Road to Restoration."  ? 

No. Jitpring was looking for a good documentary. What We Have Lost is shoddy in its presentation. It presents on the one hand the most extreme abuses in the revised liturgy as being par for the course. On the other hand the film makes it seem as if every Mass was a High Mass attended by well catechized Christians.

And in the wake of Vpoo the Church has lost High Masses and well catechized Christians.