Benedictine Hermit Becomes Orthodox Apostate
(11-12-2010, 08:22 PM)James02 Wrote: No comment on divorce, eh?  I guess you're going to be a sissy about it.  If you are going to come to a Catholic site, man up and proclaim the wonder of divorce that your demon infested schismatic religion professes.  Or lie about it, like your father, who lied from the beginning.

Qui Samaritanam, quinque post viros sexto in contubernio datam, ad eum conversam suscepit et repellere noluit, ignoscat tibi offensionem, qua suam Ecclesiam ei calumnia sociasti. Iudaei olim eum accusaverunt principe daemoniorum eiecisse daemonia.   
We ought to pray that Fr. Gabriel will renounce the errors of the Greeks and return to the one true Church of Christ, outside of which there is neither salvation nor forgiveness of sins.
Ok you can delete that part of my post.

I won't be able to write this weekend, as I'll be out of the town.

Have a blessed weekend
(11-12-2010, 08:00 PM)Romaios Wrote:
(11-12-2010, 07:35 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote: So, you're welcome to be here, but not as an apologist for Eastern Orthodoxy.

Orthodoxy is neither Eastern, nor Western - it either is or it isn't.
Paganism! This is the Principle of Contradiction at work, and that is the pagan doctrine of Aristotle.

You see, the theological approach of St. Thomas is based on using reason to examine revelation. Yes, he systematically examines revelation using reason. This is not a very contemplative approach, but it never claimed to be. It is a science.

Theology is not necessary for salvation at all. It was however necessary and useful to defending the faith and combating the things of this world. Yes, we have words like "accidents" and "substance" giving us words like "transubstantiation" whereas the Eastern theological tradition does not need such concepts to understand the Eucharist. It was however expedient for those who did use those words and concepts.

Quote:I'm sorry I dared intervene - I felt an access of "saintly fury" (as St. Jerome would put it) when I saw how Fr. Gabriel's conversion could be interpreted by some of the forum's users.
No, you felt an urge of "forum trolling". You accepted the rules of the forum and then violated them. You are using the paid service of Quis (he pays for the hosting, and he manages the technical aspects) in a way you agreed not to. You violated basic charity.

This is the Internet. There are millions of places to find people with whom to disagree. Saintly fury is rare on the Internet. Trolling however is very common.

Quote:Rest assured, Orthodox prayer is more effective than "enticing words of man's wisdom" .
No one pretends that theology is prayer. Traditional Eastern prayers are very similar to ours.

You do not understand, or are willfully misrepresenting the Church for a schismatic purpose.
(11-12-2010, 07:51 PM)Romaios Wrote:
(11-12-2010, 07:30 PM)Mexican Wrote: However, when I announced my decision to leave Orthodoxy to embrace the Traditional Catholic faith, most posters felt offended. They said it was rather sad that I left the Orthodox Church to become a "schismatic" Catholic.

Dear friend,

As a former Roman-Catholic turned "Orthodox apostate/schismatic", I can only tell you that you have left the narrow way, "which they call heresy" (Acts 24:14).

No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God. (Luke 9:62)

John 13:20 Wrote:Amen, amen I say to you, he that receiveth whomsoever I send, receiveth me; and he that receiveth me, receiveth him that sent me.
By rejecting the Church, by the act of leaving the Church (rites aside, as all exist in the Church) to join those who explicitly reject the one Christ sent, you are rejecting Christ. Ignorance is not an excuse now (I think it is for those who are raised in Eastern Orthodox settings by default).

I am writing this because I have seen some (including a few on this forum) tempted into rejecting the Church because of the seeming convenience of some of the schismatic doctrines.

(11-12-2010, 08:44 PM)Romaios Wrote:
(11-12-2010, 08:22 PM)James02 Wrote: No comment on divorce, eh?  I guess you're going to be a sissy about it.  If you are going to come to a Catholic site, man up and proclaim the wonder of divorce that your demon infested schismatic religion professes.  Or lie about it, like your father, who lied from the beginning.

Qui Samaritanam, quinque post viros sexto in contubernio datam, ad eum conversam suscepit et repellere noluit, ignoscat tibi offensionem, qua suam Ecclesiam ei calumnia sociasti. Iudaei olim eum accusaverunt principe daemoniorum eiecisse daemonia.   

Quo vadis?  Te dixi non agere sic.  Ite, nunc.  Tu vitantur.  Salve.